Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks Uncle Ted >

Thanks Uncle Ted

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks Uncle Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks Uncle Ted

So I had an experience today that ticked me off a little and I have to ask. Is Ted Nugent good or bad for our sport and way of life.

I was at the doctors setting up my next appointment. They asked if Sept. 20th was good and I advised nope since I'd be in Mt. Sterling for a day or two. The nosey lady then says "What you going down there for, I grew up there". I answered I was checking everything for hunting season and then it came.

She watched Ted on some show the other night and said she doesn't understand US hunters. I then spend 10 minutes defending bow hunting and our ethic codes, only to walk out and ask myself if Ted and his over the top antics are hurting the viewpoint of hunting. Is it me or has his bloodbrother, backstrap obsessing antics gone too far for the cause?

Now this lady did mention she grew up loving his music and even had a Ted Poster when she was a teenager, but she doesn't understand his "Bloodbrother Cult" personality and views hunters as bloodlusting people who kill for thrill. What is everyone elses take on this?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thanks Uncle Ted

That dude makes the rest of us look bad. He does do some good for hunters as a whole, but then he turns around acting crazy and shootin anything and everything that walks in front of him....he's a turd......
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

The one thing about Ted Is that he's very vocal about his hunting. Everyone knows Ted and knows that he bow hunts. Some of the stuff he say's Is a little of the wall sometimes but man he's got allot of spirit and energy and It comes out wrong to allot of people. I myself won't knock a guy for his huge love of hunting as long as he/she is doing It the right ethical way. Some things are left better unsaid then said, I think he should follow that line a little closer sometimes. In saying that I think the guy Is good for hunting though.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ted is probablly the reason for a lot of things that we dont realize, like different rights and ect. Ted is a positive push for us hunters, some people dont understand it but, those people choose not to understand it either. Ted is an "easy out" so to speak.

Ryan.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:34 AM

I like Ted's passion and fight for hunting, I don't like the way he portrays it. The guy is a little off to put it politely. He fights for hunter rights but he seems to give nonhunters a bad impression of hunters. I'm sure they are guys that worse, they just don't have access to a microphone and camera on a regular basis.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:58 AM

I think he is a lot like me. He is fed up with the way people view hunters and who are happy to live in their little hypocritical world where they eat meat but God forbid we talk about killing an animal ourselves.

I like him, I want to be able to tell people that I haven't bought meat from a store in 20 years, that my carbon foot print is smaller than most hardcore greenie's. Watching him talk about hunting and wildlife stewardship is one of the big reasons I've started growing my own vegetables and have stoped buying beef.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:06 PM

Ted was on the Glenn Beck show the other night. He says what he feels and sometimes his tact is, well, rough. My wife sat and watch the whole thing with me to my surprise and she was impressed with and agreed with most everything he said!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

Ted was on the Glenn Beck show the other night. He says what he feels and sometimes his tact is, well, rough. My wife sat and watch the whole thing with me to my surprise and she was impressed with and agreed with most everything he said!
That was the show the lady at the doctors office was talking about. I don't dislike Ted but I wish he could find a better way to portray hunting in some respects.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing against him personally but i guess i cant say anything without being personal....so here it goes

i think Ted Nugent is one of the biggest jokes...i think he does way more harm for the sport than good....hes just an ego-maniac with a camera.

7pointmonster: Ted isnt the reason for any rights that we have as hunters.
all he does is Piss off the anti-hunt crowd....and maybee sway a few on the fence to join their cause....because he acts like such an arrogant disrespectfull punk while the camera is on.

the people that go about their buisness quietly with diligence...that talk behind the scenes with respect to their opponents...are the ones that help us maintain our rights to hunt....and they do it withoout trying to boost their ego...you might know their name and youll probably never see their face but they are out there.

one more thing about ted is i seen him open a concert for KISS and he was a huge disapointment....i was looking forward to it and got let down bigtime
Old 09-12-2008, 12:58 PM

I have always said I feel Ted portrays most hunters in a bad light. He is passionate, but sometimes I just wish he would shut his mouth and not act like a crazed maniac. Most hunters do not act like he does and I hate it that a lot of non hunters picture us like that.

Tons of threads on this site about the nuge though.

Paul

Quick Reply: Thanks Uncle Ted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.