Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Bows??

Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Diamond Bows??

Hey guys, today I am going to buy a diamond. I am either going to get the marquis or the Black Ice. My question is what is the benifit of both? I have shot both of them and cant really tell much difference. I like the longer riser of the Marquis for more stability while shooting but also like the compactness of the black ice for tree stand shooting. I am just trying to get some different opinions from people that are not trying to sell me a bow.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamond Bows??

Ive shot them both also, For me, I would get the Marquis. Just feels better to me.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

How long is your DL?

Do you hunt out of a blind?

If you hunt out of a blind and aren't 30"+ in DL, I'd go with the Black Ice. If you don't hunt out of a blind I'd go with the Marquis.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I shot them both a couple months ago. I really liked the Marquis. Smooth draw cycle, fast. Good shooting bow overall. Black Ice was nice too. I just preferred the Marquis. The riser on the Marquis is only a couple inches longer, but it was more stable - in my opinion. The Marquis also comes with the roller guard and string stop, whichreally cut down on noise and vibration.

Good luck. Post pictures of what you get.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Having ordered both, I prefer the Marquis over the BI personally but let me go on the record as saying, I'm not a fan of very short ATA bows. The Black Ice is an incredible little shooting bow, key word, little. For those loving the short ATA bows, it's for you. The Marquis on the other hand brings both a shorter ATA and shootability with speed, quietness and very little vibration. I feel it's the best bow in the Diamond line up however, short ATA bow enthusiast can say that about the BI. Either way, it'll be fun deciding for you and you'll be happy either way.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Having shot both I bought the Marquis. And I have no problem with it out of a blind or a treestand. This is my second Diamond, the first was an'05 Victory. Whatever you decide you can't go wrong.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 AM

I went through the same decision. I really liked them both but I chose the BI. The BI was more comfortable to me but I like shorter bows. If you like the stability the Marquis gives you, I would go with that. I don't think a34 1/2" ATA will give you problems in a stand. Either way, it sounds like you will enjoy it.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

i just bought a marquis a few weeks ago and have been out shooting as much as possible. it is a great bow, i have no complaints, it was real easy to sight in, it is smooth to draw back and is really fast. its a great bow, i would go with the marquis (obviously)
Old 09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I will post pics when i get it in.

Greg
Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

I was trying to make the same decision back in April and I went with the Marquis. I have no regrets. The thing I like best about my Marquis is how easy it is to hold on target. There are probably 10 reasons why this bow will hold steadier than the Black Ice so I can't name one particular reason. However, I'll echo what everyone else has said, if you want a short ATA then the Black Ice is your bow.

Quick Reply: Diamond Bows??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.