HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   CHIGGGGGEEEERRRRSSSS!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262742-chigggggeeeerrrrssss.html)

armybowhunter 09-11-2008 10:26 PM

CHIGGGGGEEEERRRRSSSS!!!!!

WELL I WENT HUNTING IN GOOD OLE KENTUCKY AND LOW AND BEHOLD I GOT THESE RED BUMPS EVERYWHERE. I SAW THE CHIGGERS ON ME. BUT IT WAS TO LATE. THEY WERE ALREADY IN THERE TO GOOD. I ALSO GOT 67 TICKS ON ME. NEW RECORD LOL? WHAT IS EVERYONES WORST HUNTING TRIP? THIS MIGHT BE MINE LOL. PLUS IT WAS HOT AND I DIDNT SEE A THING. BUT THAT IS WHY THEY CALL IT HUNTING AND NOT KILLING ANIMALS. SO WHAT IS YOUR WORST HUNTING TRIP?????

sandilands 09-11-2008 10:35 PM

RE: CHIGGGGGEEEERRRRSSSS!!!!!

Welcome.
Such a cheery first post;)

OKbowhunter20 09-11-2008 10:47 PM

One morning, I walked to my stand....and could not find it anywhere. I honestly thought it was stolen, and I was pissed! So I sat at the base of a tree and waited for the sun to come up.

After the sun came up, I looked up in the tree I was leaning against, and there was my stand:D

I must not have been awake yet[8D]

happyhollowdroptine 09-11-2008 11:10 PM

I got sprayed by a skunk last year during the late KY blackpowder season. Sitting on ground and it walked 2 feet in front of and i freaked. I stunk for days.

stikbow26 09-12-2008 04:55 AM

I don't know about worst hunt but last weekend my buddy and I were down filming in Illinois and the ticks and chiggers are so bad it is scary!!! We both have so many chigger bites I am running out of clear finger nail polish to put on them!! My buddy was way worse he had to go to the doc and get a shot for his!!! Darn things!!! Heck even the loggers quit working because of them.. Walt

Sportsfann 09-12-2008 05:01 AM

The Chiggers just bite you they do not go into your skin LOL. I put on bug spray, and have no problems unless mother nature calls. And I had them where the sun don't shine. When you get home fill your tub and put a little bleach in it and soke, it will help. I live in Chigger Country.

npockat32 09-12-2008 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: happyhollowdroptine

I got sprayed by a skunk last year during the late KY blackpowder season. Sitting on ground and it walked 2 feet in front of and i freaked. I stunk for days.
At least you had some good cover up scent..:D:D

stikbow26 09-12-2008 08:28 AM

sportsfan, I wastold they stay there you say dont?? I know the polish seems to help the itch.. So you just soak in bleach water?? I don't know enough about the little buggers besides they suc%.Walt

RuttNutt 09-12-2008 08:40 AM

I am head to toe in chigger bites.... And that was just from putting the game cam out and checkin it. Two days in the woods on the eastern shore of maryland. I think the seed ticks are just as bad. I prolly had 1000 on me at one time and thats no joke.

mcouey 09-12-2008 09:10 AM

I treat my fall hunting duds with Repel Permanone spray. I have no troubles from chiggers or ticks.