HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   9/11 not forgotten... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262686-9-11-not-forgotten.html)

Vabowman 09-11-2008 05:30 PM

9/11 not forgotten...

we all get caught up in our lives and many have forgotten about today and what happened 7 yrs ago. I know everyone on this site remembers and will never forget. I hope everyone took time today to say a prayer or at least think about those lost and to give props to our service men and women. Thank you guys and gals for your service and let us not forget those who died on 9/11/01!!!!

Austin/WI 09-11-2008 05:33 PM

RE: 9/11 not forgotten...

Thread of the day! Big thanks to those that serve and protect us! I think anyone old enough to remember anything will know exactly where he/she was at when they first found out. I do. Second row from the door, third seat from the front of Mr. Maass' American History class (ironically enough). I can still name the two people that sat in front of me.

Hoyt_Viper 09-11-2008 05:33 PM

You beat me to it Landon. Ive been watching alot of shows today on the tragedy. The History Channel had a few good ones this afternoon.

We will always remember that day

onehornjimmy 09-11-2008 05:51 PM

Amen. A big thanks to the men and women fighting for our freedom, I can't say thank you enough. Respect.

Deleted User 09-11-2008 05:56 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

elkhuntinut 09-11-2008 05:56 PM

Very true, hard to envision that day all over again. The sad part, is that many have forgotten and have an unrealistic view of the threat from the Middle East. I had it on in the office today and a person actually walked by and asked "Oh, what's going on in New York today.".....I wanted to choke.

Thanks to all who serve

remington_girl 09-11-2008 06:00 PM

I haven't forgot this day. A big thank you to people serving in the military to fight the war against terror both the American and other troops out there including my fellow countrymen.

A friend of mine died in the towers, there were alot of Scots working there at the time.

thehairlessone! 09-11-2008 06:05 PM

I will never forget. I pray for all the families of the people who died that day and all the troops protecting us around the world

rick

virginiashadow 09-11-2008 06:08 PM

I will never forget that day. My dad was in the Pentagon on the side that was hit. He was living with me for the month of September 2001. I could not reach him by cell phone until almost 9pm....I was unsure whether he was alive or dead...he did not arrive home until almost midnight. He had scratch marks all over his face from where he and a bunch of people were pulling people from the rubble. I had to take him to the hospital in the early morning hours as he woke up and could not breathe at all. He had inhaled a ton of jet fuel smoke and was very sick. I told him dad, you survived two tours in Nam as an infantry Marine, and now you survived this.....and the old Marine of 25 years then signed up to go over to Baghdad for 10 months embedded with an infantry unit after he retired...goodness! My point, we have some tough a.. old men and women who have put their lives on the line for us so many times....THANK YOU to all servicemen and women for your service.

Deleted User 09-11-2008 06:09 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]