Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Damnit.....

It's not spine... it's total arrow weight we're talking about.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

one thing I've learned from this board is that when a bowtech breaks it's either the shooters fault or he's a liar. very informative sight, where else do you learn good tidbits like that

just having fun, I like bowtechs and almost bought one this year (good thing I didn't [:-])
Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I'm really not that bad as far as spine, David.

Even the guys at my shop agree. Now, I know I'm at the lower end, but still shouldnt result in any limb issues.

Figure, my arrow should accept the transfer of energy from the limbs then string just fine.

You really think I'm THAT un-spined ?
Actually, if those are a .400 spine, your on the limit, (I personally would lean towards a heavier spine, and adjust the tip/length to try to achieve the best spine and FOC I could for improved arrow flight) but the spine isn't what you worry about as much as the weight, since the lighter arrow absorbs less of the energy, the bow then is left to absorb the rest. MANY 70# bows are going to be MOST efficient with an arrow nearly double what IBO is, and then they will be quieter, and not endure near the punishment.

Speed is great, but if you break your bow, or can't hit the spot you're aiming at, then it's WORTHLESS!!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not about spine its about total arrow weight. 5 grains per pound of draw weight. I can't believe it, I (sandilands) is telling anyone about this. You can buy .400 arrows and they will have different weights usually per inch. Now you take all the add ons and add them in. Thats your total arrow weight. Now divide that by your draw weight and you have grains per pound. No manufacturer that I know of will have a warranty validated if you use a lighter arrow. THAT should tell you something!
If you were shooting 7-8grains per pound we wouldn't be reading this thread[:-]I'm shooting 7 on the nose and have not ahd a problem........ ever. AND I shoot a Bowtech
Old 09-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

You notice the trend here??? BOWTECH! BOWTECH! BOWTECH! Maybe these bows arent as cracked up as we thought them to be.....or are they? [&:]I feel real bad for most of the Bowtech owners that have had nothing but problems with them. I know they are nice bow and a nice shooting bow,(ive shot a few) buttheres just something in the deign that grabs me the wrong way. Same with the PSE XForce.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Still no pic? My guess is we won't see one.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Spike

I can't believe you didn't take the new bow.
I would have taken the new bow. They have that new bow smell and everything.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

sorry man that sucks!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Still no pic? My guess is we won't see one.

MAN LAW VIOLATION!!!!!!

Droptine, you are now required to surrender your MAN-CARD within 12 hours or you will officially be considered cyber-castrated!!!! Post a pic of surrender the cards and cajones!!!!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.