Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 *&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#% >

*&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#%

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

*&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#%

Old 09-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: *&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#%

GMMAT.....I broke down and bought one last year to use here in MD where the skeeters can be thick in the early season. It definitely works and they are a snap to use (no learning curve) but where to put it in your treestand can become a bit of an issue. It has to lay flat with the grill portion facing up. It also puts out a little bit of heat. I duct taped mine to the base of my climber off to the side to keep it out of the way as much as possible.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are easy to use. If the skeeters are out in force (probable), it will be soooo worth it.
It only weighs ounces and it keeps away mosquitoes like magic. The bugs here are absolutely friggin relentless around all of this swampwater.

The extra movement to swat them is more harmful than than scent stream which should blowing away from the predicted deer arrival.

Advice from alternative geography should be ignored.

PER YOUR OUTFITTER, YOU WANT THIS PIECE OF EQIPMENT IN THE COASTAL NC EARLY SEASON.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are Anti-Thermacell and yet, you have never used one...

That's funny right there...

I grew up and still hunt in Gates County, near Bertie...Mine is strapped to my climber, don't go deer hunting without it...

Don't buy one...

Let us know how the trip goes, good luck...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Come on down to good ole sunny Florida. i will put you in my swamp stand and take video of it. It is kinda neat watching someone break dance 20 feet in the air cause the skeeters are sucking the fluid from their eyeballs.

20 bucks? Just buy the damn thing then come on here and thank everyone.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:19 AM

This coming from the guy that rips on guys for not liking Rage broadheads when they've never used them.....LOL.....Jeff, I guess you really are human after all! (I'm honestly just joking around here, I mean no harm)....

I would almost bet a nickel that if you used it once.......You'll continue using it. They're only real downfall is the cost of the refills. Not that they're expensive, it's just a recurring cost that won't go away.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I hate these things.....and I've never used one....lol. To me it's just something else to carry in.
Yeah but at least I admit I'v enever used one....and "why".

I just hate the thought of carrying something else in with me to hunt. Hate it. Nothing against the product......just "something else". Could as easily be a pruning saw. I'd hate to take one of those in, too (and I HAVE used them!).
Old 09-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

for a one day hunt i would nnot worry about it... although if you were going to be hunting for a extended period of time then i would..
Old 09-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Anybody wanna buy a slightly used one? I swear I won't ever use it again.
Jeff, remember the offer I made LAST YEAR? it still stands.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

You are Anti-Thermacell and yet, you have never used one...

That's funny right there...

I grew up and still hunt in Gates County, near Bertie...Mine is strapped to my climber, don't go deer hunting without it...

Don't buy one...

Let us know how the trip goes, good luck...
I think Jeff's story would be much more entertaining if he didn't buy one.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I hate these things.....and I've never used one....lol. To me it's just something else to carry in.
Yeah but at least I admit I'v enever used one....and "why".

I just hate the thought of carrying something else in with me to hunt. Hate it. Nothing against the product......just "something else". Could as easily be a pruning saw. I'd hate to take one of those in, too (and I HAVE used them!).
You wussie

I have two

Quick Reply: *&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.