Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone disappointed... >

Anyone disappointed...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone disappointed...

Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone disappointed...

About a month ago, I saw 10 bucks running together in agreen hayfield. The farmer cut the grass and now it is brown. No deer for the past few weeks, only turkey. I have been trying to stay out of the woods and save it for the season, but last weekend I could not stand it. Went out and didn't see any good signs. Either they went to the corn or the hunter at the other end is attracting them (this shouldn't be the case since they put the brakes on this in MI).
Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone disappointed...

Not trying to imply anything hear but take it for what its worth. Just because they outlawed baiting does not mean he is not doing it. Do you know him? is he a good guy?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't see 10 bucks the whole season....feel good about what you saw. The environment changed, they moved a little. You will see them again at some point.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I won't see 10 bucks the whole season....feel good about what you saw. The environment changed, they moved a little. You will see them again at some point.
Yup.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya i'll be pushing on seeing 10 bucks this season...
Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is the time of year that food sources are changing, white oaks and beech nuts are dropping and grapes and persimmons are either ready or getting close...Deer have been eating grass and clover all summer, they are now eating something else...Get on the preferred food for this time of year, they'll show up...
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

wis2009---"Ya i'll be pushing on seeing 10 bucks this season... "

Its not about quantity-----all we need you to see is ONE big old Wisconsin Buck baby....and arrow it! ( To off-set my small gene Northern Virginia buck)
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Just need a good look at that one that I plan to chase all year to get me going. Saw the 10 at a distance with some cheap binoculars. Got a good pair and they disappeared. Last year I was chasing 3 and didn't catch any of them but did get a shooter. My confidence is much higher this year with the new equipment.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

give em time theyll be back , remember bucks are soon going to be getting out of their bachelor groups. plus with all the good vegitation in the woods why come out in the fields, ive seen very little in the fields the last month or two, but the deer are there.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

I walked through the one corn field and they have it torn up so I think that I found where they are at.

Quick Reply: Anyone disappointed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.