Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drinking & Hunting >

Drinking & Hunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drinking & Hunting

Old 09-11-2008, 04:25 PM

Default RE: Drinking & Hunting

As stated, WI hunting and alcohol go hand in hand. We may have a couple drinks the night before, but nothing serious. I usually have to do too much driving during Bow season so alcohol intake is very limited usually. Thanksgiving day (Gun Season for us) is the only exception usually where we hunt that morning and then have to watch the Packers kick booty - and the only way to do that is with a couple of cold ones.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will maybe have a couple of drinks the night before but I will NEVER ever drink when im hunting and carrying a deadly weapon. Drink and guns don't mix and I would say anyone that is drunk and using a firearm are stupid and shouldn't be allowed to have a firearm because their not responsible enough. Reckless endangerment, anything could happen.

After a good kill I will of course go home and have a good night out and get drunk to celebrate.

Like drinking and driving, would never do it.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 PM

We ussually get wrecked the night before, in anticipation (drink till we pass out .. Kinda like a kid waiting for santa ..differnce is we have beer to get to sleep faster).[8D]

The next morning we wake up drink a cpl more beers to get rid of the hang over and calm the nerves.[:'(]

(By me I mean my buddies, Mike, Nick, and myself *We're a buch o alchy's) [&o]

Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 PM

I've never been a huge fan of drinking to the point of being drunk, but I do enjoy a couple ofbeers every now and then during hunting season(after the hunt). I especially can't stand the guys who are slamming beers in the bar in the middle of the day and thengo out to hunt the evening. When guys are hunting drunk thats when its getting out of hand.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only time I drink in say a hunting enviroment is at the annual Deer Camp in PA at gun season. BUT we go up Friday morning, party like politicians, Friday and Saturday. Sunday we don't drink, we basically prepare for the serious part of the hunt.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:09 PM

My opinion is weapons and alcohol do not mix. And why would you want to dull your senses before hunting? Or drink before climbing into a tree?

If you drink while hunting and get hurt or killed I am going to chalk it up to natural selection. Your probably dumb enough that you should have been weeded out of the gene pool.

Nothing wrong with drinking at hunting camp though if that is your thing, as long as your not drunk while hunting. I don't do the hunting camp thing though.

My honest opinion, if you drink before hunting or shooting your probably an alcoholic and should seek some help.

Paul
Old 09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I drink some ..amdit will it make me wantto pee..Sometimes I bring a whole thermos and drink it while I'm waiting..It does affect me sometimes but I'm addicted to the buzz...
I drink mine with cream and sugar..Fact..I drink alot before I go into the classroom every morning..i tried quitting but Im addicted..
Old 09-12-2008, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I drink some ..amdit will it make me wantto pee..Sometimes I bring a whole thermos and drink it while I'm waiting..It does affect me sometimes but I'm addicted to the buzz...
I drink mine with cream and sugar..Fact..I drink alot before I go into the classroom every morning..i tried quitting but Im addicted..
LoL, that's funny!

I only have an occaisional drink with dinner on a normal basis so I would say that it would be unusual for me to havea drink even the night before a hunt. I want to be wide awake the next morning and alcohol just makes me sleepy.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Keep coming back, it works if you work it.