Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drinking & Hunting >

Drinking & Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drinking & Hunting

Old 09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Drinking & Hunting

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I RARELY drink the day before I hunt....if I was successful the day before, I might drink a couple of beers while I skin and butcher a deer. But other than that, I never drink hardcore the day before I hunt.
Agree 100%. After a successful day in the field, there isn't nothing better than kicking back to a cold beer or two or three!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

I don't drink when I go hunting. When i used to play alot of golf I would play with alot of people who drank while playing and even claimed to play better a little tipsy. I always enjoyed golf to much to drink when I played, the same for hunting, i am enjoying myself to much to ruin the hunt with booze.IF you talked to me ten years ago you might get a different answer.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Around here rifle season is a whole different animal. Usually don't drink the night before, but that evening of the first day, while skinning the days kill, ha! Makes the second morning rough. But bow season, not so much. Not as many people bow hunt, so it doesn't have that vacation atmosphere. If someone close gets one with a bow we will enjoy a case afterwords.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

We get up to our camp a few days early so we can relax and have fun. The night before the opener it's all business. Maybe a beer or 2 to calm the nerves, but no heavy imbibing. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Friday and Saturday are party nights, Sunday is for sleep.

Nothing worse than freezing your butt of in the stand with a pounding head and the squirts.[:'(]
Old 09-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't drink while hunting, sometimes have some the night before but I take precautionsto precludehangover. I've hunted with a hangover before, didn't care for the experience. [:'(]
Old 09-11-2008, 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: Rick James

It depends for me. I can drink w/ the best of them if in the right environment, but I'm not obsessed with it. I've grown up a lot over the last 5 years or so when it comes to that. I usually have company with me at camp, and if they are into it we may have some drinks, but if someone is not interested, I'm fine with that too. I'm one of those guys that is fortunate enough to be able to enjoy some drinks when it's appropriate, but can go for weeks without and be fine with that too.
I don't need to read any further downthe page to find something better to say than this. I agree to the letter. It's damn scary. I look forward to meeting you (again) this year Matt.
If I didn't see him write it first, I would have said you wrote that. Why? I've been with you over those five years and it's you to a T.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

After the 1st animal is put down is when I usually crack one open. So if thats sunrise, it could be a long day.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting everyday during the season is hard enough, I don't make it harder by drinking during the season. I won't touch a drop of alcohol during the hunting season unless I kill a buck, then it's time to celebrate!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm one Irishman that if I didn't drink you guys wouldn't have a shot at one decent deer. They'd all be hanging on my wood shed so be thankfulI do now and agin.

"God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world!"
Old 09-11-2008, 04:16 PM

the folks I hunt with during gun season tend to get into the drinkin a lot, but they dont ever leave the shack especially with a loaded gun. they are smart that way, but if they gotta do some hunting its sobriety at its best.

Quick Reply: Drinking & Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.