Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Attention Facepainters >

Attention Facepainters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Attention Facepainters

Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM

Default RE: Attention Facepainters

H.S. makes the best paint, in my opinion. The stuff in the little compact case thing sucks. Doesn't sweat off, but is a pain to wash off. I'll rub my face raw with a rag trying to get that crap off.

If you decide to buy it, they sell a kit with three tubes; green, brown, and black. Used to be you could find tubes of grey as well, but I don't know anymore. It's not a solid and is more like... well, paint. A little goes a long way. It doesn't sweat off and comes off fairly easily with water and a rag. They also sell little pads to use to wipe it off, but I've never used them.

If it helps, every fall we sell out of those tube kits to the Airforce survival school instructors out here at Fairchild AFB.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

H.S. makes the best paint, in my opinion. The stuff in the little compact case thing sucks. Doesn't sweat off, but is a pain to wash off. I'll rub my face raw with a rag trying to get that crap off.

If you decide to buy it, they sell a kit with three tubes; green, brown, and black. Used to be you could find tubes of grey as well, but I don't know anymore. It's not a solid and is more like... well, paint. A little goes a long way. It doesn't sweat off and comes off fairly easily with water and a rag. They also sell little pads to use to wipe it off, but I've never used them.

If it helps, every fall we sell out of those tube kits to the Airforce survival school instructors out here at Fairchild AFB.
Dan,
Baby wipes are your FRIEND!!!! When I was in the ARMY, I was never without a full pack of BABY wipes if I had to go to the field, and as a hunter, I'm rarely any different, baby wipes are my FRIEND, plus if nature makes her call, they're handy for more than facepaint removal, just don't use the same one on your face as your.......
Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMO the 99 cent plain black cream found in the Halloween decoration section can’t be beat. Cheap as can be, doesn’t sweat off (and I sweat like mad) and washes off really easy with soap & water. I can’t detect a smell from it either.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got tons of compacts and tubes. Too many brands/types to remember all of them. Some sweat off. Others require you to sandblast it off. Raccoon eyes... LOL

It's kinda funny when YOU think you got it all off (esp the oil-based products)....but other people notice that you...uhh...didn't. LMAO I actually walked into work on a court day, in a suit and tie, with big gobs of brown facepaint smudged behind both ears. That was a classy move.

While I can't tell y'all the exact brands I have - I CAN tell you that I'm a huge cheapass, so every tube/compact that I own was probably pulled off of a .99 cent rack or a bargain bin.

For what it's worth - I'd defer to WashingtonHunter on this one. That man is the authority on facepaint.

Dan isThe Undisputed King of Facepaint, if you will.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Hunters Specialties Cream makeup in the tubes, comes off with warm water and soap. and its good for your skin cause its actually got aloe in it
Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ohh yea and ive been using the same tubes for 3 years.
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I use the Hunters Specialties Cream makeup in the tubes, comes off with warm water and soap. and its good for your skin cause its actually got aloe in it
Old 09-11-2008, 01:04 PM

i use wood ash from the wood stove works well. you dont need the colors. also absorbs scent. cleans off good with soap.let them cool first
Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

This may sound a bit girly but you guys who use face paint that can't get it off...... Go talk to your wife or gf and ask them where to get some make-up remover and go get yourself a bottle. It works great!! WCL
Old 09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Facepaint? Deer can't see like us anyway. Bird hunting yes.

If your going to war yes but hunting? Never heard of that in my life.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

My advise is to use face makeup (the type performers wear) and not face paint. It is made for people who sweat hard under the lights. You applythe basewith a sponge and the use a brush to paint in camo lines (I just use black). It comes off with a damp towel. BeforeI leave my hunting area, I put the towel over the heating duct in my vehicle for a few minutes and then use it.

Below is a pic after dragging this buck 1/2 mile. OK there was snow on the ground and it was level ground.

Quick Reply: Attention Facepainters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.