Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What should a bowhunter be allowed to carry for self-defense? >

What should a bowhunter be allowed to carry for self-defense?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should a bowhunter be allowed to carry for self-defense?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What should a bowhunter be allowed to carry for self-defense?

Let`s just say(theoreticly) Good people make poor decisions- long story short...honest guy,never poached,makes bad decision with a gun while bowhunting while in an area with no threat of attack by a dangrerous animal-
The blanket statement 2nd ammendment arguements
Same honest guy`s sister gets raped...bad guy goes to court and you have the right to bring a pistol into the court room.
Now-how many honest guys would be temped to shoot this creep in court?
Point being, laws are there for a reason and I`m not going to be the one to say I know better than the government(which I voted for) how to regulate said laws.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The second ammendment doesn`t mention police not being able to bring thier weapon into jail iether but they drop them at the door for a good reason,most laws are there for a very good reason and I`m sure poachers hate the fact that they can`t carry a gun while bowhunting in mn. but that law is there for a reason.
I just see them bring in pepper spray, tazers, and asps---but yes, they do have to lock up their guns at the door unless they are specifically authorized to bring their guns inside.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Same thing-autherized people can bring a gun into the court room,but not me or you.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Being in a court room with two armed officers and security check points with armed officersisn't exactly the same thing as being in the woods by yourselfnow is it?

Point being, laws are there for a reason and I`m not going to be the one to say I know better than the government(which I voted for) how to regulate said laws.
Well, I guess that is the difference between you and me. You may be comfortable trusting the government and the police to protect you when you life is threatened, be it in a wood lot or out on the streetsbut I am not going to rely on thesepeople, that I may or may not have voted for, to protect me ordecide how I should be allowed to protect myself.

I don't know really know what to say...... I am truely sad for the way that you feel about your constitutional rights.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

lol ...my rights to carry a weapon-just not in the woods while bowhunting.
If I don`t like it I can move
Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I don`t like it I can move
You shouldn't have to. That's the point that you are missing.

What happens when you run out of places to move to because all of your trusted government officials that "know better than you" have made it completely illegal for you to defend yourself? Be it in the woods, on the street, or in your home.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Freedom demands we be open to attack. The benifits of freedom is that we be able to defend ourselves once attacked. An armed society is a free society. The patriot act would never be needed if people were equipped to defend themselves andthe terrorist of 9/11 would have been dead long before any plane crashed. You may say but, but, but what if... allI can say is freedom demands the butt's be allowed. There is only one alternative to freedom and that's bondage. Remain unarmed and big mother will see to it that you don't get hurt. She''l have to lock you up for your own good.

All I need is freedom, the rest I'll take care of myself. I didn't seethat on the list.

Or am I mistaken about the times we live in? I'm thinking when some guy can cut someones head off on a buss as all look on, someones got their head buried somewhere stinky, but it aint me.

Bowhuntings just another day in the neighborhood and a victim can be defended anywhere, even in the woods or the parking lot, or the gas station, or the resturant, or the hotel. Everywhere a bowhunter is likely to be.

When I was a boy we teased eachother by accusing someone of being gay. I stopped that when I became a man.[8D]
Old 09-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you just say "freedom" and "Patriot Act" in the same sentence? LMAO
Old 09-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

If my family is hungry should I be allowed to poach?
I think so but that`s just my opinion...I won`t do it because its against the law.
Should I be carrying a pistol in the woods? If I needed to than I would want to,but it`s against the law so I don`t.
Are you getting the REAL point bigbulls?

Quick Reply: What should a bowhunter be allowed to carry for self-defense?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.