HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   anyone hunt with an arm guard on? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262443-anyone-hunt-arm-guard.html)

ABarOfSoap 09-10-2008 10:30 AM

anyone hunt with an arm guard on?

So i was watching a hunting show last night, and a guy missed a nice buck because as the string was going forward, it hit his clothes on his arm, and this made his shot miss...

Anyone hunt with one on? ive never thought of taking one in the woods with me, but that scared me a little bit.

GMMAT 09-10-2008 10:32 AM

RE: anyone hunt with an arm guard on?

Only with this bow.;)

Deleted User 09-10-2008 10:33 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

ABarOfSoap 09-10-2008 10:34 AM

Also if you do hunt with one on, which do you use... i was looking at this one from cabelas.

cooter144 09-10-2008 10:34 AM

I watched the same show. His shot sailed about 1-2 feet over the back of the deer.

Does string slapping the arm cause an arrow to fly that much off course?

I myself have never needed an arm guard but some people do depending on your form.

KodiakArcher 09-10-2008 10:35 AM

Always when I have a bulky jacket or loose shirt on. Never if I'm just in a T-shirt.

ABarOfSoap 09-10-2008 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: cooter144

I watched the same show. His shot sailed about 1-2 feet over the back of the deer.

Does string slapping the arm cause an arrow to fly that much off course?

I myself have never needed an arm guard but some people do depending on your form.

I think it definitley caused his shot to miss by that much, cause you can hear it slap the sleeve really loud, and my hunting clothesare just as bulky as his was, so it go me thinking.

crenshaw 09-10-2008 10:40 AM

i use the real tree sock it works great!

ive had a sting slap my arm before, usually it causes the arrow to kick left or right and usually only by about 8 inchs max. Although didnt see the show, the guy really could have caught himself.

silentassassin 09-10-2008 10:41 AM

I use the one from buck wing that is show above. Actually for late season that make some tick gators that look just like that but don't have the support bars inside of them and I use those instead.

MGH_PA 09-10-2008 10:44 AM

I used to wear one all of the time (even when target shooting with a t-shirt on[:-]). I have since changed a lot with my form, and I no longer need one when shooting with light clothing on, but I will still wear it in the woods. My ASAT 3d can get in the way at times.