HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Would you turn him in? Poaching Oriented. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262369-would-you-turn-him-poaching-oriented.html)

my7pointmonster 09-09-2008 08:39 PM

Would you turn him in? Poaching Oriented.

I know of a guy, who prides himself on shooting a big buck every year, and he does it, every year. His tactics are as follows. He either takes his excivator and drives it through the brush till he sees it sticks the gun out of the window and shoots it or he takes his dump truck and does the same process. This guy is also the guy who killed 12 does last year and 6 small bucks and 1 big buck (scoring roughly 140 in PA).

There is another bunch of guys who I am very good friends with all 4 of them one of them is my Business partner and he isnt as bad as the other 3 but he still is just a little left of being right. first lets start off with the other 3. The first year of the combined kill the oldest of the 3 killed 29 deer. all does and no bucks. He employs any tactic necessarry, the old lick and stick on the liscense the lets put fresh blood on it every kill lets say were coyote hunting anything to make him look legit to the unsuspecting law abiding PA deer hunter. He kills them with his bow mainly and i think he killed 9 with the rifle that year. He just kills anything BROWN IS DOWN!! is his life long goal.

The 2nd guy. Last year he shot a very respectable PA buck real wide accully, out of the window of his truck durring the regular gun season, he kills a lot of deer a year I dont know as much about the 2nd one as i do the other 2. but the 2nd one isnt much better. atleast he gets out of the vehicle.

The 3rd guy, last year on our rainy first day diddnt even get out of the vehicle and he had 4 piled up in the bed of his truck, tags for one of them and the rest he just shot to shoot. I think he just enjoys watching them die. (he's what i call "that" guy out in the woods) Anyhow, I dont really like him as a person but still he poaches numbers of deer every year.

The 4th guy, my business partner Accully keeps all the deer he kills because he can genuinely needs them, he is living in a trailer with a sob story that is really quite crappy, anyhow I feel bad for him and can level with him on this one 100% he's not wasteful like the other ones, he may kill 4 or 5 deer in a year, but by the time the next deer season rolls around, He's completely out of deer meat. Not like the others they just go through the freezer and throw out garbage bags FULL of bad meat. He is the one I hunt with, when I hunt with this crew, He always expresses feelings to me that he dosent like being an outlaw and if he could make more money he would. So sometimes i give him 60/40 favoring him on our take from our business.

OK with all that being said, I know I cant talk to a Game commissioner and be like Hey, can you bust the other 4 and leave this one alone please? So that is what has kept me back from turning them in. They would never know I even did it and I can make sure of that. But I really dont want to see my friend get into harder times than what he's already on and i dont want to be like hey ..... I would help you out if I could but sorry you gotta deal with the conciquences.

SO i leave it open to you, Based off the poll results I'll make a decision.

Ryan.

Barth 09-09-2008 08:54 PM

RE: Would you turn him in? Poaching Oriented.

i could care less... if it was my friend i would shut my mouth but its his problem when he gets busted... but if they need to cheat like that why even hunt... if you ask me that isnt hunting that is being a cheat and should actually have his privlages takin away for a while.. thats my input on it.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-09-2008 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

I know of a guy, who prides himself on shooting a big buck every year, and he does it, every year. His tactics are as follows. He either takes his excivator and drives it through the brush till he sees it sticks the gun out of the window and shoots it or he takes his dump truck and does the same process. This guy is also the guy who killed 12 does last year and 6 small bucks and 1 big buck (scoring roughly 140 in PA).

There is another bunch of guys who I am very good friends with all 4 of them one of them is my Business partner and he isnt as bad as the other 3 but he still is just a little left of being right. first lets start off with the other 3. The first year of the combined kill the oldest of the 3 killed 29 deer. all does and no bucks. He employs any tactic necessarry, the old lick and stick on the liscense the lets put fresh blood on it every kill lets say were coyote hunting anything to make him look legit to the unsuspecting law abiding PA deer hunter. He kills them with his bow mainly and i think he killed 9 with the rifle that year. He just kills anything BROWN IS DOWN!! is his life long goal.

The 2nd guy. Last year he shot a very respectable PA buck real wide accully, out of the window of his truck durring the regular gun season, he kills a lot of deer a year I dont know as much about the 2nd one as i do the other 2. but the 2nd one isnt much better. atleast he gets out of the vehicle.

The 3rd guy, last year on our rainy first day diddnt even get out of the vehicle and he had 4 piled up in the bed of his truck, tags for one of them and the rest he just shot to shoot. I think he just enjoys watching them die. (he's what i call "that" guy out in the woods) Anyhow, I dont really like him as a person but still he poaches numbers of deer every year.

The 4th guy, my business partner Accully keeps all the deer he kills because he can genuinely needs them, he is living in a trailer with a sob story that is really quite crappy, anyhow I feel bad for him and can level with him on this one 100% he's not wasteful like the other ones, he may kill 4 or 5 deer in a year, but by the time the next deer season rolls around, He's completely out of deer meat. Not like the others they just go through the freezer and throw out garbage bags FULL of bad meat. He is the one I hunt with, when I hunt with this crew, He always expresses feelings to me that he dosent like being an outlaw and if he could make more money he would. So sometimes i give him 60/40 favoring him on our take from our business.

OK with all that being said, I know I cant talk to a Game commissioner and be like Hey, can you bust the other 4 and leave this one alone please? So that is what has kept me back from turning them in. They would never know I even did it and I can make sure of that. But I really dont want to see my friend get into harder times than what he's already on and i dont want to be like hey ..... I would help you out if I could but sorry you gotta deal with the conciquences.

SO i leave it open to you, Based off the poll results I'll make a decision.

Ryan.
Right there folks is an example of the patheticness of this states hunters! Turn them all in. Why are they better than those of us who play by the rules. Pathetic.

Transcendstime 09-09-2008 09:16 PM

May be a controversial subject but my opinion is turn in the three idiots.

The one that is "so called" poaching to feed himself . I would forget to mention.

If the others then turn him him @ least u didn't do it.

Just my opinion.

bigbulls 09-09-2008 09:26 PM

If I honestly had to "poach" in order to feed my family I would do it and not think twice about it and if I knew that someone else was truthfully doing the same I wouldn't give it a second thought. Having said this, unless he is literally hunting in his back yardwithold equipmentit is far cheaper to buy beef from the store than it is to hunt. If he is out there with a new bow, or rifle, camo clothing, etc...I'd have to question his "need" to poach.

The other three obviously need to be turned in IMO.

*JB* 09-09-2008 09:37 PM

This is just my opinion. But if they are not poaching on your land, then I say mind your own business. It would kind of be like standing at the door of the bar and watching people have a few beers and go get in their car, and then you call the cops and turn them in for drunk driving. Should these poachers be caught, SURE, should everyone who drinks and drives be caught, SURE. But there are people out there who are paid to catch these people. It is not our job to go out and report every crime we see take place. I have known(and still know) people who poach all the time. But they don't do it on my land and someday they may get caught. But it's not my place to make sure they get caught. Once again, these are just my opinions, but I wouldn't turn anyone in, especially not someone I consider a friend.

bigbulls 09-09-2008 10:01 PM

Well hell, you may as well say it isn't your place to turn a child molester if they aren't molesting your child.

Yeah, he's drunk but it isn't my place to turn him in even though he may go out there and kill an innocentfamily coming home from dinner.

Wow, lookie there that guy is breaking into the neighbors house and stealing their TV. Oh well it isn't my TV, and besides there are people that get paid to catch these guys.

What a stupid ass post.

jimmy28303 09-09-2008 10:06 PM

I just have one real good question. Why dont you give him some of your meat? that way, when he fills his tags and has some of your meat he should have plenty. That way he does not have to poach. BUT they are all breaking the law and if they do get caught do not think you will not be looked at!!! like the old saying goes, "you can judge a person by the company they keep"

*JB* 09-09-2008 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Well hell, you may as well say it isn't your place to turn a child molester if they aren't molesting your child.

Yeah, he's drunk but it isn't my place to turn him in even though he may go out there and kill an innocentfamily coming home from dinner.

Wow, lookie there that guy is breaking into the neighbors house and stealing their TV. Oh well it isn't my TV, and besides there are people that get paid to catch these guys.

What a stupid ass post.
Deleted for skirting the profanity filter. Using symbols to make profanity appear. !

virginiashadow 09-09-2008 10:19 PM

The first three should be turned in....that would burn me up just knowing I was hunting around those guys. How on earth could one kill that many deer each year and look at themselves in the mirror. I say TURN IN the first three without question. Screw those guys.