Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you turn him in? Poaching Oriented. >

Would you turn him in? Poaching Oriented.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you turn him in? Poaching Oriented.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Default RE: Would you turn him in? Poaching Oriented.

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

And yes, My friend is just scraping to get by.
People that scrape by, decide to scrape by. I went to college (that I am still paying for)with a wife and baby at home while working 3 jobs, one of which was a lawn business I started on my own. In this country, you get exactly what it is that you strive to get.If there is a willto better yourself, there is ALWAYS a way. No way do Ibuy into anyone having to poach for food these days. Yeah...they might be hungry...and it may be the easiest route to food on the table...but they don't have todo it.

Tell your buddyyou are turning them in this year if it continues and let him make his choice if he is oneof them or not.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 AM

Make the call.....
Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why don't you buy your partner out? Sounds like a win win to me.

He would be able to afford food and you would be rid of an anchor thats about to sink you with the rest of these losers.

Its real hard to hang out with a bunchpigs and not end up smelling like pig ****.[:'(]
Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

another way is to get your partner distracted, ie make sure he is no where in sight when you call. Game Wardens want to catch you red handed, they dont like the after the fact calls, because then they have to gather evidence and look into things. They want to catch you with the deer!!! so as soon as you see it going on you and your partner get lost. then call the game warden. They dont need you there when they make the arrest. having 4 deer in the back of your truck with one tag, is plenty for them. If you have too, take them down one at time.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Why do they even bother buying hunting licenses??...If you are going to hunt like that theres really no point having a license, hunting in season, or even owning a piece of camoflague...Sounds like a real band of bandits...

You buddy who lives in the trailer? Does he drink? Smoke?

Tell him to buy one less case of beer or bottle a week and get himself a 5lb package of ground meat instead....ridiculous...i somehow find it hard to believe these guys are stacking em up like wood and your sitting there doing everything legal??? Is this more about turning these guys in, or joining the party?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CarpetBagger

Why do they even bother buying hunting licenses??...If you are going to hunt like that theres really no point having a license, hunting in season, or even owning a piece of camoflague...Sounds like a real band of bandits...

You buddy who lives in the trailer? Does he drink? Smoke?

Tell him to buy one less case of beer or bottle a week and get himself a 5lb package of ground meat instead....ridiculous...i somehow find it hard to believe these guys are stacking em up like wood and your sitting there doing everything legal??? Is this more about turning these guys in, or joining the party?
I figured Someone would say that.

I only need to hunt with them one day a year. BUT I do also Hangout at the butcher shop where they take their illegals.

And the only reason I only have to hunt with them one day a year is because I always shoot atleast one deer with my bow, so then its just a one day pop on a drive to get whatever my other tag may be for.

Ryan.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

If he truly needs to feed his family he can go get food stamps.

I would turn the other 3 in and tell that guy if he continues to do it he will go down with them. Guys like this ruin the sport ofhunting and hurt the deer population. Ifallhunters acted like thisthere would be no game left to take.[:@] Thesemorons are leaches on the system and need the law to come down on them.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Turn em in. That would make 4 less criminal hunters in this state bringing the total down to 924,368.[&:][:@]
Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 PM

Turn them in. Poaching is Poaching. If meat is the need he can contact one of the organizations that hunters donate to, or even better aquire meat from some hunting buddies that have extra. I know I gave away three deer to people who love or needed deer meat last season. All legally accounted for with the DNR. In the face of the Apocolypse and all rules are out thewindow I would kill deer for food but then again there would be no rules till then the straight and narrow.