Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWTECH USERS BEWARE! >

BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Wow, glad he wasnt injured. I keep hearing bad things happening to Bowtechs bows...

Too bad, their bows shoot well, when they're not breaking!
How many times do I have to tell you guys, Bowtech's are junk and stop shooting those damn flyweight carbons! Lol! just kiddin all in good fun I'm glad no one was hurt.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

but I've probably seen in the 30's - 40's of BT's blowing up,
Doug, BS! And I'd bet 90% of them are fraudulent especially over on AT, the others, maybe Generals and the issue was addressed. 40 picture threads. I call BS!
That has been proven. Terry martin even voted in one poll that his bowtech blew up. I believe about 10% of what is written over there. Tons of people have alters, even the mods.

rick
Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

For those that are arguing and trying to down blotech, just let it go. dont buy one, thats fine. buy a hoyt or keep shooting your old high country, all of these post just keep going though, we all know they have limb failures. people still buy them knowing that b/c they are a good shooting bow.

that being said, as far as durability, i shot an 04 ultratec until now. i loved it and thought it was awesome. it got dropped out of a tree and hunted with in the snow and rain. never a single issue out of it. when i went to buy a new bow, i shot them all. even though i knew that my last hoyt was a great durable bow, i felt that it didnt hold a candle to my general (to me). thats why im shooting the bt still. if it blows which is a very very slim chance, it will be waranteed. other than that, it shoots amazingly and that to me is enough to buy another.

btw all, i got my limbs replaced last weekend, and while i was in theremy dealer told me he set a 82nd airborne up for a guy the night before. the guy lived 80 miles away. he came back the next morning after the limb split apart and blew up.
Derek]
Old 09-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

but I've probably seen in the 30's - 40's of BT's blowing up,
Doug, BS! And I'd bet 90% of them are fraudulent especially over on AT, the others, maybe Generals and the issue was addressed. 40 picture threads. I call BS!
Come on ROB, I stated my case, and each of those BT's I shot 6 weeks ago was a NICE shooter, I said that, but HONESTLY, here, AT, Bowsite, etc, it seems nearly EVERY thread I've seen with the exception of a couple of Mathews, and yes, it's probably 30-40 different times. There may be a few "fraudulent" ones, on AT, but it someone thought they were, then they should take it up w/ the ADMIN there, Bowtech IS an AT sponsor. If it's really that fraudulent, then I'd think someone from BT Inc would get on there and make an issue of it. I know if I owned a business and someone was fraudulently bad-mouthing me, they'd hear about it, and I certainly wouldn't allow my sponsorship dollars to support such a website that I get smeared that way on. I will say that at least 10 of those were regarding Generals, and there were a few early in the year that were 82nd's, but over the last 4+ yrs, I've heard more about the BT limbs being problems than any other bows limbs.

And this statement says it all I think....

"If BT came out w/ LAMINATED LIMBS in 2010, their sales would INCREASE DRAMATICALLY, and yours truly might be taking a second look, as well." That's probably the only thing holding me back, that and maybe having an extra $700 or so I don't know what to do with. I honestly think it's got to be coming, to stay on the cutting edge. Why not make one of the best bows the MOST durable as well. They don't have to make a BOAT anchor for a riser, just a little better limbs.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

i guarantee it is more than you think.

Funny thing is I have had about 6 mathews and now 6 bowtech and never had a problem one. Aren't those the ones that you guys say are junk? The ONLY limb problem I ever had was on a martin

rick

Old 09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone!

i guarantee it is more than you think.

Funny thing is I have had about 6 mathews and now 6 bowtech and never had a problem one. Aren't those the ones that you guys say are junk? The ONLY limb problem I ever had was on a martin

rick
I'll say it
Martin Sucks

I'd really like to know what arrow setup he was shooting
Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Odd Doug, I've been on forums for over 10 years and I bet I can't count 40 total real threads about all manufacturers and broken limbs. I know about a pile of Hoyt risers bending but I don't jump on a forum and in ALL CAPS state HOYT SHOOTERS BEWARE and I can find a pile of Mathews limbs blowing, in fact I can produce pictures from my local Mathews shop where I buy my arrow supplies. He shows them to me everytime I go in but I don't jump on that bandwagon either. Mathews axels are bending, we don't slander them but every Hoyt shooter, every Mathews shooter in the world loves to pile on. This thread cautioned Bowtech shooters, what are the rest of you even doing piling on? Less we forget I shot for Hoyt for nearly 10 years, I have your horror stories, that's not what's important and you'll never catch me jumping on a horror story piling on.

Bowtech lost some limbs, pile on boys, pile on, you all call Bowtech fan, "fan boys", LOOK IN THE MIRROR. Some of the comments I've read in this thread are simply pathetic and I don't care what manufacturer it's about.

I suppose you can say I'm a representative of Bowtech and Bowtech is a sponsor here on HNI so, I'm reading some of these as slander then and I'm assuming this rule applies. I now caution you to watch your fingers boys, no matter what manufacturer it is.

16. Brand Bashing and generally arguementative posts will not be tolerated. Legitimate posts regarding problems that you have experienced with a particular piece of equipment or service will be allowed. However, posts that are directly bashing a product or manufacturer are not allowed on HuntingNet.com. These forums and chat room are designed as a place for hunters to gather to exchange stories, advice, and meet other hunters from around the world - not to argue amongst ourselves or to talk down about any individual business or product. All posts of this nature will be removed and disciplinary action will be taken against their author.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:49 PM

Wear it! Take care of your equipment.....Not Bowtech's fault.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Odd Doug, I've been on forums for over 10 years and I bet I can't count 40 total real threads about all manufacturers and broken limbs. I know about a pile of Hoyt risers bending but I don't jump on a forum and in ALL CAPS state HOYT SHOOTERS BEWARE and I can find a pile of Mathews limbs blowing, in fact I can produce pictures from my local Mathews shop where I buy my arrow supplies. He shows them to me everytime I go in but I don't jump on that bandwagon either. Mathews axels are bending, we don't slander them but every Hoyt shooter, every Mathews shooter in the world loves to pile on. This thread cautioned Bowtech shooters, what are the rest of you even doing piling on? Less we forget I shot for Hoyt for nearly 10 years, I have your horror stories, that's not what's important and you'll never catch me jumping on a horror story piling on.

Bowtech lost some limbs, pile on boys, pile on, you all call Bowtech fan, "fan boys", LOOK IN THE MIRROR. Some of the comments I've read in this thread are simply pathetic and I don't care what manufacturer it's about.

I suppose you can say I'm a representative of Bowtech and Bowtech is a sponsor here on HNI so, I'm reading some of these as slander then and I'm assuming this rule applies. I now caution you to watch your fingers boys, no matter what manufacturer it is.

16. Brand Bashing and generally arguementative posts will not be tolerated. Legitimate posts regarding problems that you have experienced with a particular piece of equipment or service will be allowed. However, posts that are directly bashing a product or manufacturer are not allowed on HuntingNet.com. These forums and chat room are designed as a place for hunters to gather to exchange stories, advice, and meet other hunters from around the world - not to argue amongst ourselves or to talk down about any individual business or product. All posts of this nature will be removed and disciplinary action will be taken against their author.

Great right after my Martin you know what line[&:]
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM

I had 2 Drenalins blow up with in my face last year with limb issues...I did get a good with my 3rd I guess 3rd time is a charm...I just got my General with the new limbs installed and it will be hard for me to ever part with this bow its AWESOME!!!

Quick Reply: BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.