Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you hunt in the rain? >

Do you hunt in the rain?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you hunt in the rain?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Do you hunt in the rain?

light rain i do...but have never hunted in a hard rain.i know it will make any tracking real hard .
so my question is how many of u hunt in the rain?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 PM

Default RE: Do you hunt in the rain?

I'm like you, I hunt in light/moderate rain. But if it really comes a downpour, I really don't see the point.

Usually if it does start to rain really hard, it'll pass pretty quickly. If im in a hardcore mood, I'll stay.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do!!!! If I get up in the morning and it is storming....Naaahhhh! But I will be right there waiting on it to start slacking and then i am in the stand waiting on it to quit, I have seen a lot of deer right after a hard rain, especially if it rained hard most of the night.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on my mood
Old 09-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

last year i sat in a ground blind with my g/f and i was hoping to get her a deer but it was down pouring... we started to leave and then we looked over only to find a nice big doe standing 25 yards just looking at us.... it sucked man.... 5 more minutes and she would have been dead
Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

If its raining hard, I'm going to try stalking. Last year it was downpouring so I decided to leave and as I was walking out I got to 10 feet from alot of deer. They jumped up and scared the crap out of me. Didn't have time for a shot. But this year I'll be more cautios.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

I'm like you, I hunt in light/moderate rain. But if it really comes a downpour, I really don't see the point.

Usually if it does start to rain really hard, it'll pass pretty quickly. If im in a hardcore mood, I'll stay.
x2
Old 09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Last year, i went hunting in a light rain which turned into a down pour, lots of lightning, almost to close for comfort, hail, and wind, while stalking thru the trees, i bumped several Does, had the chance to draw on 2 of them, didnt find any bucks and that is what i was hunting. It was wicked weather to say the least. several shots of the lightning were like flash-BOOM! lol, my wife called thinking i should come home, probably wasnt the smartest thing i have ever done but hey, i was hunting.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

I do!!!! If I get up in the morning and it is storming....Naaahhhh! But I will be right there waiting on it to start slacking and then i am in the stand waiting on it to quit, I have seen a lot of deer right after a hard rain, especially if it rained hard most of the night.
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Do you hunt in the rain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.