HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   If you had to choose one..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262165-if-you-had-choose-one.html)

Vabowman 09-08-2008 07:55 PM

If you had to choose one.....

Out of all the things that make bow season special, what is the one thing that makes it so special for you? Can only choose ONE!! I have to go with simply the Fall atmosphere in the woods. above the kills, the encouters and everything else, the Fall season in the woods (smells, cool breezes, and quiet evenings in the stand) are included with the Fall woods.

Ben / PA 09-08-2008 08:00 PM

RE: If you had to choose one.....

Getting to watch the world wake up and go to bed from 20 feet up.

Rick James 09-08-2008 08:02 PM

The time I spend with my friends and family. If I never shoot another deer in my life, I'd keep going every chance I have if I can continue to have the fun it has brought me for the last 18 years.

hillbilly archer 09-08-2008 08:02 PM

All the things I get to see and learn every year about all different wildlife in the peaceful wilderness.

Tbone1187 09-08-2008 08:02 PM

i would have to agree with you vabowman the way the woods is in the fall is absolutly awsome something that once you have the one truely great fall morning or evening you wont for get it.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-08-2008 08:04 PM

Just being there!

dstubb 09-08-2008 08:06 PM

Showing up back home with a deer in the back of my truck. The look of excitement from my son and wife is priceless!

rjdumas 09-08-2008 08:09 PM

I like my first year elk hunting. I think the thing I like about the elk hunt is trying to find such a big animal it isn't as easy as I thought..

Oneshot7 09-08-2008 08:12 PM

I would say the alone time with myself and God. I spend my time on stand, thinking about anything and everything that goes on in my life, as well as discussing that with God in my prayers. Sure the scenery is beautiful and the kill offers an adrenaline rush like no other, but I find out alot about myself every year in the deer stand.

Brent

BigDaddy12t 09-08-2008 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Out of all the things that make bow season special, what is the one thing that makes it so special for you? Can only choose ONE!! I have to go with simply the Fall atmosphere in the woods. above the kills, the encouters and everything else, the Fall season in the woods (smells, cool breezes, and quiet evenings in the stand) are included with the Fall woods.
I agree 100%

Finch 09-08-2008 08:21 PM

That adrenaline rush of making a good shot and the numerous "Thank you God's" that follow.;)

Rob said it best though,

Just being there!

Mottz 09-08-2008 09:12 PM

It would be the Peace.

gri22ly 09-08-2008 09:20 PM

The smells,they bring back awesome memoirs, thoughts and feelingsfrom the past...I love it.

MdDave 09-08-2008 09:27 PM

goin bow huntin with my 70+ year old grandfather....an seein his excitment a listening to his excitment when he shoots something

Schultzy 09-08-2008 09:32 PM

There Is nothing like It in the world. I'm at peace when my recurve Is In hand.:) Its who I am.

MarquetteMagnum 09-08-2008 11:22 PM

the Rutt, I love watching those deer running all over the place acting like teenagers at a prom party.

in da woods 09-08-2008 11:39 PM

I agree with you VA, it's just being in da woods.:) It's like home to me. Quiet, peaceful, relaxation.

AK NIMROD 09-09-2008 12:18 AM

the view from top of the mountain when goat hunting..... will be there in 3-4 days:):D[8D];)nothing like it when it is clear, usually not

wis_bow_huntr 09-09-2008 05:24 AM

Being 20ft closer to God.

Red 5 stdby 09-09-2008 05:35 AM

Spending time with my dad. He's retired and lives in FL, but he comes up to WIfor6 weeks for the bow season to spend time with my family and hunt with me and our friends.

JESUS loves archers 09-09-2008 05:46 AM

Enjoying....apreciating God`s creation
The sound of silence
the rustle of leaves and the heartpounding anticipation that follows
watching a yearling buck walk by without knowing I`m there and being glad I didn`t shoot
too many to choose just one for me

Austin/WI 09-09-2008 05:49 AM

Getting my father back into bowhunting this year.

virginiashadow 09-09-2008 05:54 AM

The peace and solitude of the fall and all its wonders....

badassbowtech 09-09-2008 07:19 AM

I think it's the just getting out in the woods. I love sitting out there and glassing for deer and and the smells of the woods. You got the love it.

RobinAim Low 09-09-2008 07:27 AM

I'll be honest and say it is killing whatever animal I am there to kill. Yeah...I like being out there, I like just seeing the animals, I like relaxing, and I like spending time with friends and family. But...I don't need to go hunting (out there with intent to kill) to do those things. I can do those things at my convenience and liesure without havingto get up at dark thirty after an hour or two of sleep, freeze my butt off, or make monetary and family sacrifices.

However...I willsay that I would give up all my kills for the year to be sitting with both my kids when they get theirs. My daughter is plenty big and old enough to kill a deer on her own, or with one of our cameramen with her, but yet I just can't not sit with herwhen it is her time to go hunting.

GMMAT 09-09-2008 07:30 AM

I go t o stand really early in the mornings.....on purpose. It serves two roles....

1. I NEED to get there early to beat them home.

I would say the alone time with myself and God. I spend my time on stand, thinking about anything and everything that goes on in my life, as well as discussing that with God in my prayers. Sure the scenery is beautiful and the kill offers an adrenaline rush like no other, but I find out alot about myself every year in the deer stand.
I'm somewhat ashamedto say that it takes this time of year for me to sometimes re-connect, fully. I look forward every morning to getting in early, getting dressed from my perch and that moment when I get "set" and sit down is magical. It'll hit me as I'm walking to stand, Saturday morning. It'll be a bit different in that I'm going to be in unfamiliar woods, this weekend, but the feeling I trust will be similar. All becomes right with the world for that moment.

I had similar feeling when I waterfowl hunted.....and got the boat to my spot, blind set up.....and my dog and I could share that time. I still miss her and those moments. She was a GREAT friend and hunting partner. Godspeed Ashley.

BobCo19-65 09-09-2008 07:33 AM

I'll be hunting with some new friends in WISC and sharing some new hunting stories around the camp fire.

reds10ss 09-09-2008 08:30 AM

spending time with my cousin who is my hunting partner, we succesfully hunted just about all the species in ohio together, early this year he was alomst killed in a bad accident, so im grateful that i have him..hes more like a brother.

kevin1 09-09-2008 08:31 AM

Two extra months to hunt deer.

magicman54494 09-09-2008 09:16 AM

Good morning Landon,
Good question!
The one thing that always stands out to me is the smell of the fall woods. It stirs something in me and makes me feel alive again. I also enjoy the quiet times to reconnect with God and refocus my life.
My girlfriend notices it. She says there's a twinkle in my eye when I hunt.

ijimmy 09-09-2008 09:25 AM

Ditto , Halloween is my favorite day , Its when I leave South Florida , with 90% + humidity and temps in the 90s , for SW PA low humidity , temps in the 40s , that smell , hardwoods , deer , good people , and everything else that makes for some great hunting .

Choosing only one , it would be the smell .

bowtechlove 09-09-2008 09:27 AM

i would have to say the element! not a specific season or condition, just the element of the hunt!!!

Vabowman 09-09-2008 11:09 AM

magicman!!! what up??

txsteele 09-09-2008 11:27 AM

the up and close encounters. after all these years, i still freak out when a buck (or doe) is seven yards away and they don't know i am there:D

Chuck7 09-09-2008 12:36 PM

The noises I hear ...always keeps my nerves on edge..could be a hog , squirrel, another hunter, a deer , an armidillo, a bird, a wild turkey, raccoon, coyote , bobcat or lizard...you never know..so my ears keyed up from the time I get out of my truck till I get back in the truck..
Love those sounds of nature..:)

palmergt3 09-09-2008 12:45 PM

serenity[/b]

noun[/i]

a disposition free from stress or emotion

the absence of mental stress or anxiety

that pretty much sums it up!!!!

NY/Al 09-09-2008 01:12 PM

The appeal to my senses. I love the smells and the feel of the cool air and the sight of those leaves changing color!!! I wouldnt trade it for the world!!!:D

jimmy250favre 09-09-2008 01:25 PM

comoradare