Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Standing vs. sitting >

Standing vs. sitting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Standing vs. sitting

Old 09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Standing vs. sitting

If I sit for to long it makes my back mad, I like to shoot standing and I can see more when doing so. It's easier for me to look behind me when standing...
Old 09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I stand when the time is right, actually I instinctively stand when I see a deer. I've never shot one while sitting.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:30 PM

I practice standing, sitting kneeling, leaning, basically any way I could ever think about shooting. 100% of the shots I've taken at deer are standing.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I stand to shoot 95 % of the time
Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 PM

If I don't have to stand, I don't. I set my stands up to be able to shoot sitting down, bow or gun. Some times it does not work and I have to stand.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:47 AM

I sit for a while, stand for a while. I am up and down for my own comfort. I see no need to sit like a statue as if a deer is gonna see me if I have to scratch my butt, LOL. I just don't give deer as much credit for super powers of being able to pick a hunter off like some do here, other than their smell of course. I am like Rob...when I see a deer, I just instinctively stand up and grab my bow (and in fact, my cameraman will stand and grab the camera at the same time usually). I can shoot sitting down, and killed a turkey sitting in a stand once, but IMO, if you purposely sit in your seat with a deer around that you want to shoot, you are severely limiting the area in which you can shoot the deer. Often I end up doing a 180 or more in the stand waiting for the right shot to present.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

it all depends for me. I try to bury my stands in cover so there is no way of telling how im going to shoot. Standing, standing on the seat to get higher(dont recommend), sitting, kneeling on the platform. One foot on the stand the other on a tree peg to take advantage of the shot presented, shot a deer last year sitting on the platform with feet dangling over the edge of the loc on stand. Just know your limits and comfort.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Idon't hunt from a stand much, but if the situation allows, i stand up. I always practice some while sitting just in case i don't get the opportunity to stand.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

95% of the 50+ animals I have taken have been sitting in the stand. Ihave always felt likeit is less movement when the time comes to get the shot. I also have stands that allow for this, they are designed to be hunted this way. I have a couple of the lightweight jobbies that don't swivel (with the small seat)and I have had to stand a couple of times using them as a shot sitting was not possible.

I answered depends,but have to agree with Tx on the high percentage of shots from a sitting pos. maybe a 75% or more out of maybe 50+ deer. I just don't make a mental decision about it. I can get a better angle somtimes standing.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 AM

I shoot just the same sitting...taken most of my deer that way

Quick Reply: Standing vs. sitting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.