Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do some of you even hunt? >

Why do some of you even hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do some of you even hunt?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why do some of you even hunt?

After reading that dumb regulations threadI am confused as to why some of you even hunt. Some of you guys are limited to one deer. If that's not enough, some retarded states won't even let you hunt on a Sunday. [&:]

If my state were anything like that I wouldstart hunting in another state. I mean, how can 1 deer only rulekeep you engaged in a hobby? Literally, you guys might only hunt 1 day out of the year i.e. first day kill a buck or doe and then you're done.[:'(]

Not to brag, but inmy state (Oklahoma)we can bowhunt for105 days (No Sunday rule LMAO) take 2 bucks and 4 does. I guess my question is why do you even bother if you can only take one deer and have restricted days of the week? All of that money, time, gear etc.. for one deer.[&:]Not to mention, we have a 16 day gun season and a decent blackpowder season too.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do some of you even hunt?

I can bowhunt 24 hrs a day, 6 days a week (1/2 hour before/after sunrise/sunset on Sunday), 365 days a year. There is a whole lot more to hunt than just deer .
Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I can legally take 156 deer this season.

6????

(just kidding laughing at the 6. I CAN take 156, here, legally)

I'm glad I don't live in a one deer state, too
Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Often I bowhunt without getting a deer all season because of self imposed limitations so I guess a bag limit of one is not so bad. Sundays off don't bother me either. If I'm all that wound up to kill a deer I can always hit other States as well. I go for the experience as a whole not just the number of kills.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:08 PM

We have unlimited EAB regs here. We can buy extra tags over the counter all season long (half the time they'll just give you the tags), so in theory there isn't a limit to the number of deer we can take in my part of the state (South Central WI)

Rob, do you not enjoy the other 2/3's of the year preparing?Just because we're not in the woods drawn back doesn't mean we can't have fun doing other things that prepare us for hunting.
Giant Nontypical

Because plain & simple, hunting isn't solely about killing something.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's in my blood.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

It's in my blood.
Bingo! Hit that one right on the head
Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM

Quality not quantity - I can spend LOTS of time looking for a quality deer. Here in ND, we can only get 1 bowtag and can apply for a rifle buck tag. Doe tags are nearly unlimited. I can easily spend an entire Fall being choosy on where to spend that 1 bow tag.

To be honest, I didn't think you were serious at first - I thought you were mocking the other thread.

To some, the number of deer harvested may be more important than quality - I'll be honest, I'm a horn hunter. If I'm going to go after bucks - I want a big one, and I'll take does for meat. And I'm perfectly happy chasing after 1 with a bow, and one with a rifle every other year, knowing full well thatif I put in the time, I'll have a chance at a great, mature buck.

And, I'm pretty happy with the quality of bucks in our state vs. other states with more liberal buck regulations.

Quick Reply: Why do some of you even hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.