HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Big 8 Shedding His Fuzz (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262037-big-8-shedding-his-fuzz.html)

louddrummer69 09-08-2008 09:50 AM

Big 8 Shedding His Fuzz

I've gotten quite a few pics of this big 8 here lately. Here he is shedding his velvet. Not much for spread but he is definitely a shooter. I'm guessing 140-145 inch.

kill_it_n_grill_it 09-08-2008 09:52 AM

RE: Big 8 Shedding His Fuzz

Nice pics! If they can't be wide, might as well be tall!!

early in 09-08-2008 09:57 AM

Didn't you post a pic of this buck before? He's a GREAT 8pt. I love thetall racks. I'd be hunting him for sure!;)

DoePeeSteve 09-08-2008 10:02 AM

Love seeing velvet drop. Beautiful buck... nice pics!

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-08-2008 10:03 AM

Very cool. Shedding can happen within a day.

Most people think they rub off their velvet but that's not necessarily the case. It dries, hardens and falls off, they just start rubbing when the antlers harden because it's instinctual and the velvet hanging could bother them.

If they never touched a tree, it'd still fall off.

Yesterday I had a 3 point and spike walk by the house in the morning, both were in velvet. They came back in the late evening and the 3 point was shed already.

GMMAT 09-08-2008 10:06 AM

That's an incredible deer and my "dream buck". I love a tall, narrow 8. He's a larger version of Mobow's buck from '07 (with kudos again to him for that one;))....which I thought was a wonderful animal.

I wish you the same luck with this one that Mo had.:)

HuntingBry 09-08-2008 10:07 AM

Cool pics. That is a slammer 8 point.

I've got some trail cam pics of a small main frame 8 in velvet and he disappears for 2 day and the next pic I have he is hard horned. Pretty cool to see that transition. I've never gotten one that is losing the velvet though.

Thanks for sharing.

louddrummer69 09-08-2008 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

Didn't you post a pic of this buck before? He's a GREAT 8pt. I love thetall racks. I'd be hunting him for sure!;)
No, I haven't posted this buck before. I have posted a couple of other 8's that weren't quite this big but were still nice 8 pters. I have been pretty lucky this year with big buck sightings. I have to believe its practicing QDM on our land and only shooting mature bucks.

GMMAT 09-08-2008 10:18 AM

I'm alo betting that deer goes closer to 155" than he does 145".....or I hope for you he does, anyways.:)

joshw020 09-08-2008 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm alo betting that deer goes closer to 155" than he does 145".....or I hope for you he does, anyways.:)
I agree ;). . . man, what a bruiser!