Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stupidest regs

Old 09-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: stupidest regs

last year they allowed pistol cal rifles in indiana might get one next year but doubt it muzzleloader has the same season and goes farther
ORIGINAL: peeker

Ohio> No rifles allowed for deer... how about a caliber limitation at least, or even straight walled pistol cartridges (.357 or larger) in lever guns...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

no doubt i loved it when i lived there though the 100 to 150 pounds of corn a week i had out in one spot got costly.
If i move again it will be back to ky.
You get good hunting laws good fishing laws and you can carry a pistol on your belt without a ccp
ORIGINAL: gri22ly

WOW, just WOW. I can't think of anything I would change in Ky.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

We're only allowed one deer per hunter, per year.

Wow, that is dumb!!! In Oklahoma we can take two bucks and 4 does. I can't imagine only getting to take one deer. Do you travel to other states to hunt?

I'm sorry, but one deer wouldn't cut it for me. After I killed the first deer I would feel elated and then really sad that my season was over. [:@]
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

No Sunday hunting. No shooting an animal from a canoe or kayak with archery tackle....I think that would be alot of fun to try.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

We are only allowed one deer per year now too in pretty much the southern half of the state because they claim numbers are down substantially. It was just in the paper this past weekend that statwide, about 62,000 some archery hunters took about 24,000 deer, giving bowhunters a success rate of just over 24 percent. Compare that to gun hunters who took 216,000 plus deer with a 37 percent success rate. Instead of complaining about it, I actually approached the Big Game director via e-mail, asking if they'd consider allowing bowhunters a buck and doe tag, so they could still only take one doe for population management purposes. I used the reasoning of the lower success rate and that the influx of new bowhunters due to this change would be minimal - and that the DNR always has the freedom to change it back if they feel it causes problems. He said they'd consider it.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

tryin to think of one for Mo but not for sure if i can
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

We cant hunt on sundays here in NJ and we arent allowed to hunt the tremendous population of black bear that we have here.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

T zones and youth hunts in wisconsin. two weekends of my season are interupted by gun doe hunts one in october and one in december and then the weekend before the doe gun hunt in october is a statewide gun youth hunt that bowhunters need to wear blaze orange. grrr oh and earn a buck sucks especially in cwd zones where they want all deer dead.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: minnesotadeer

We are only allowed one deer per year now too in pretty much the southern half of the state because they claim numbers are down substantially. It was just in the paper this past weekend that statwide, about 62,000 some archery hunters took about 24,000 deer, giving bowhunters a success rate of just over 24 percent. Compare that to gun hunters who took 216,000 plus deer with a 37 percent success rate. Instead of complaining about it, I actually approached the Big Game director via e-mail, asking if they'd consider allowing bowhunters a buck and doe tag, so they could still only take one doe for population management purposes. I used the reasoning of the lower success rate and that the influx of new bowhunters due to this change would be minimal - and that the DNR always has the freedom to change it back if they feel it causes problems. He said they'd consider it.
Personally, I would appeal to their wallet. I would tell them the extra doe tags would greatly increase their revenue and keep the population in check. I hope you get them to change their minds.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:43 AM

No Sunday hunting kills me here in PA. I live two hours from my camp and my job doesn't permit me to get out during the week to the local state gamelands (due to my hours). I'm a weekend hunter limited to 1 day a week!

Quick Reply: stupidest regs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.