Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thats it- I've had it- Its time to get dirty.

Man!! You guys sound like a bunch of High School girls.Let DT deal with his matters his way. If you don't agree, just go to the next thread.You don't have to keep browbeating him.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Dominant Buck

OK...change of plans.

EI....YOU give DT a hug
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

OK...change of plans.

EI....YOU give DT a hug
Very good GMMAT.Seriously though, why does EVERYTHING have to be beaten to death around here? If it doesn't stop soon, I'll start talking about Alberta. Don't make me do it!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

OK...change of plans.

EI....YOU give DT a hug

FUNNY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Here is my thought Why don't you just take them down? You know people are bad and will jack your stuff. They will do it again and again even if the cops are called.. It sucks there could be more than one person taking your stuff maybe it was 5 different guys or girls or meth heads or crack heads. That sucks I'm sorry people are dicks and can't leave them alone. Good luck if you keep having this problem just put on a Ghillie Suit and when they jack your stuff shoot the S O B in the leg with a .17

Old 09-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I went and re-hung the set again, a few yards over in a better tree..BUT I left a few little "surprises" for them, courtesy of United States Marine Corps tactics
Now that's just plain dumb. I learned to kill people in the Army but I damn sure wouldn't kill someone over a stand, or traspessing or something like that. They'll send you to jail if someone gets killed. What if some little kid comes walking through and climbs up for a look? Just stupid. I was feeling sorry for you loosing your gear until you posted that. If I were the land owner and found you to be booby trapping my land I'd throw you out NOW.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Spike

When did DT ever say he was going to kill somebody? Did Rambo ever kill any of the guys he boobie traped? NO!

The guy is pissed cause he had his belongings stolen. I bet he doesn't like to work all week to buy someone else deer hunting supplies. The point is he shouldn't have to take his stands down so somebody wont steal them. But I understand todays society and that is something DT might have to do. Even if he did and put it up a month prior to opening day.Chances are it would still get taken. So, he is going about it his way. If for some odd reason the guy gets hurtDT is responciable. Whats to say thetrespasser is just walking in and trips and busts his skull? It could happen.

I understand the concerns for the trespasser but in todays society too muchconcern is put on the"bad guy". Quit worring about the one doing the wrong and startbacking the one the wrong is being done to. It has been turned around and made DTlook like the bad guy. And what over? Something he said he was going to do. Has he done it? It sounds to me he has lightened upa bit fron the begining. I think he has heard what was said and changed his attitude. Not all the way but some.

DT, thanks for the service to our country and to all the other military out there!!!! Theirsacrifice to our country gave us the freedom to express our opinions onhere.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

If you cut a strap on a stand 20 feet in the air so that if someone steps on it he'll fall, you're more than likely going to cause this person some serious harm and yes, possibly death. He can do what he wants.... I won't be the one that has to live with jail time or killing some kid who was curious. Heck, even the land owner might get curious and decide to climb up for a look. I don't care what you say 10point, it's not the way to handle this. It can only lead to something bad. How good would it look for hunters when the next headline says something like, "Marine hunter lays booby trap and kills 10 year old kid".
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

For the love of GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT make EI start talking about Alberta!!

It's been literally HOURS since I've heard of Alberta.[8D]
Old 09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Spike

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't agree with the strap idea. I thought I read DT changed his mind and wasn't going to do that, he came to his scences on that one. When he said he wouldset boobie traps those don't have to involve death or even injury.DT was never specific in what he was going to do.

The guy has every right to be angry. He had hispropertystolen. PERIOD!! I think he got on here and vented. Then after reading he settled down and began to change his mind. It sounds likehe hasmade every effortto find the person responcible.There is only so much you can do.

DT said he took treestands down that were on the farmers land. In all reality because they were on the farmers land it became his property. DT didn't start the fight the trespasser did.DT did the right thing by leaving a note. He didn't have to do that. If it was me I wouldn't haveput themon the other side of the fenceI would have gave it to the farmer and let the guy go get it. Let him face the farmer who he was trespassing.

Others have said it could be someone who has hunted the land for a long time. That doesn't make it right for them to trespass and steal. They were still in the wrong. Even if they had permission before they don't now. Thats why I am hunting a 40 acre empty hog lot instead of the 200 acres of timber I once had permission to hunt. I abide by the rules.

I really don't think DT wants to kill anybody over what they have done. He wants them to abide by the law. If he sets a boobie trap that may break a bone or hurt a pride then that should make the wrong doer think twice. Ifthis personis the type that has to get back for what was done to him then DT has to decide how far he wants to take it.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.