Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Other than practicing.... >

Other than practicing....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Other than practicing....

Old 09-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Other than practicing....

Mark, that catfishlooks like ameal in itself. Catfish is one of my very favorite eating fish. I get some real good channel cats in one of the local rivers. Great fighters!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other than practicing...I'll either go kayaking, flying, out on the harley or go fishing.

If I had my way i'd be on Palma Nova beach (Spain) sipping cocktails!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

first gotta agree with Germ, scary opening this post

Relaxing something I don't get to do very often.. work too much and guess my relaxation is driving to sling some arrows with buddies and Bs about hunting. I also do a lot of home improvement work and read a ton

Old 09-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Nice fish, AF.

Next to duck hunting and bow hunting, crappie fishing is my main thing. A 15" crappie is pretty rare way up north isn't it? Mosta the pictures I see of northern crappie areabout the size of the minnows we use to catch them down here . Nonetheless, great looking fish.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fish, fish and fish.....

Waterfowl Hunt.....chase the kids...take them to practice.....chase the wife.....drink beer and enjoy life on the west coast(of MI)....fish some more.......household work.......drink more beer.....fish some more....I think you get the picture!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crowkilla

Nice fish, AF.

Next to duck hunting and bow hunting, crappie fishing is my main thing. A 15" crappie is pretty rare way up north isn't it? Mosta the pictures I see of northern crappie areabout the size of the minnows we use to catch them down here . Nonetheless, great looking fish.
State record for Crappie here is just over 5 lbs. But the one I caught today was still nice and a blast to catch! Pound for pound crappie are one of the best fighters. It's so nice to walk down the hill behind the house and fish at home without having to go to a state or county park. Bad part is when I'm mowing I can always see that pond and it is always calling me when I have other things to do.[&o]
Old 09-06-2008, 08:01 PM

lets c....fishing, skeet shooting, and i have a brain fart right now so ill get back on that...
Old 09-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Af, them are some good fish brother and I bet it would be nice to walk out the back door and do it, I have to drive about 1/4 mile to get to the lake.
When I am not in the stand I have many other hobbies, 3D of course, dove huntin, skeet/trap shootin, target rifle shootin, I live on some acreage that keeps me busy too. However, my favorite is floating the Frio River, all the guys I hunt with and their famalies as well as mine take a week every summer and float the river and that is hard to beat!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 PM

football practice, weightlifting, fishen, and go driven round looken for deer

Old 09-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Af, them are some good fish brother and I bet it would be nice to walk out the back door and do it, I have to drive about 1/4 mile to get to the lake.
When I am not in the stand I have many other hobbies, 3D of course, dove huntin, skeet/trap shootin, target rifle shootin, I live on some acreage that keeps me busy too. However, my favorite is floating the Frio River, all the guys I hunt with and their famalies as well as mine take a week every summer and float the river and that is hard to beat!!!!

I must say,that right there would be hard to beat.

BUT watching my son play baseball does me well.

Quick Reply: Other than practicing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.