Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Small deer die faster? >

Small deer die faster?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Small deer die faster?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Small deer die faster?

2 same shots on a large deer and a small deer.......same BH.....

Smaller deer = more trauma.....faster blood loss.....

ALL things being equal....I can't see a smaller deer surviving as long as a larger deer.

Think a 2" swath cut through a smaller target. There would naturally be more trauma in the smaller target.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

2 same shots on a large deer and a small deer.......same BH.....

Smaller deer = more trauma.....faster blood loss.....

ALL things being equal....I can't see a smaller deer surviving as long as a larger deer.

Think a 2" swath cut through a smaller target. There would naturally be more trauma in the smaller target.

BUT,we know youngsters are more hyper,just for the sake of argument.

I know you wouldn't like to argue,or DEBATE[8D]
Old 09-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Too many variables to know for sure. Adrenaline is a powerful chemical.

I won't argue one way or another about this. I'm jus tthinking logically.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent heard an answer I dissagree with yet. Im content on too many variables. Thanks guys. Just thinking out loud here. Kind of like trying to figure out how to use my new Solor powered night vision goggles....
Old 09-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can say from experience,I witnessed a small deer do something I thought was not possible.

Now I need to shoot some 5 year old bucks to compare.[8D]
Old 09-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

I cannot understand why you would want to take a fawn or button buck. Hunting is a challege. What is the challege in hunting a fawn? Have them come in, enjoy watching their movements, take pictures, and you will see them develop into a challege over the years. They will change their entries, times, their senses improve, they train their young, etc. Enjoy that mature harvest after watching them develop. I knew someone who shot a button buck that the neighbors were feeding out of their hand. Not saying that it was right, but taking that button buck had to have been a real challege, not! If you need meat that bad, call me.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, this has nothing about shooting fawns. I will shoot every Doe Fawn i see,and the BB That was my FIRST deer ever killed with a bow back a few years ago.(itthink i was 15yo)You wanna talk about killing fawns, start your own thread. Then start another about how to kill mature coyotes.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't need deer meat....but thanks for the offer.

When your deer herd is as doe laden as mine.......come back and talk to me about letting female deer walk.

I've never heard of anyone who's killed any deer fawn talk about doing so for the "challenge". It's usually a product of herd thinning, but I'll NEVER discount another man's "trophy". If it's a "challenge" to you.....good for you. If you want to kill a BB or doe fawn for ANY reason....and it's legal....have at it.

Projecting our own feelings into how others should feel.....when they're hunting legally.....is heading down a slippery slope IMO.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: niehenke

I cannot understand why you would want to take a fawn or button buck. Hunting is a challege. What is the challege in hunting a fawn? Have them come in, enjoy watching their movements, take pictures, and you will see them develop into a challege over the years. They will change their entries, times, their senses improve, they train their young, etc. Enjoy that mature harvest after watching them develop. I knew someone who shot a button buck that the neighbors were feeding out of their hand. Not saying that it was right, but taking that button buck had to have been a real challege, not! If you need meat that bad, call me.
YOU don't need to understand,that is your choice but I like the way they taste.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think the bucks a whole lot further than does. thats all

Quick Reply: Small deer die faster?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.