Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry, bad post

Old 09-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this so bad?

Your friend will get no support here and there is only one known poacher in this scenario.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is very bad, in fact the worst, your friend is now no better than the poachers he was trying to beat out. He IS THE POACHER!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Copper31

Put it this way, you now know three poachers. Is this so bad? Of course it is. Until the "poachers" shot the deer it wasnt poached. There for the only poacher is your friend. WOW
Guess that's right. Just hated to see him put in all that time to have the other two guys ruin it for him. He spent all summer waiting for that deer and just sympathised with his decision. I hate it for him that those guys showed up cause he would not have done it except for that. He is a good ethical hunter, just got caught up in the whole thing I guess.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:42 AM

yea it is bad becuz your friend poached its not a fair chase so neither u or the poachers really deserved it

Old 09-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: steelslinger

[ He is a good ethical hunter, just got caught up in the whole thing I guess.
Another good one.

Put the shovel down ,the holes getting deeper by the minute.[:@]
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Copper31

Put it this way, you now know three poachers. Is this so bad? Of course it is. Until the "poachers" shot the deer it wasnt poached. There for the only poacher is your friend. WOW
Guess that's right. Just hated to see him put in all that time to have the other two guys ruin it for him. He spent all summer waiting for that deer and just sympathised with his decision. I hate it for him that those guys showed up cause he would not have done it except for that. He is a good ethical hunter, just got caught up in the whole thing I guess.
Not any more.

I wonder if those two other guys thought the same thing. I'll just get them with my rifle before every body else. Where's it end. I wonder if he's proud of his illegal kill?
Nontypical Buck

He is a good ethical hunter,
NO, he is not.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

So now your "friend" is just like the people he hates.
Unlawful shooting/killing of animals is called poaching.

I think/hope you should know better????
Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 AM

That's the problem. To many people get caught up in shooting a trophy deer. It's gotten to where some guys can't have a good season unless they kill a monster buck. Your friend let his desire to kill a monster turn him into what you guys seemed to dislike, a poacher.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The more I think about this the more I feel it calls for a punch to the sack .[]

Quick Reply: Sorry, bad post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.