Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry, bad post

Old 09-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Default Sorry, bad post

Woa! Sorry bout the bad post!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this so bad?

I think this is where "two wrongs don't make a right." You friend should have spent his time watching the "known" poachers, instead of joining them. IMO that's not fair chase.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

hmm. thats a tough one
Old 09-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea ,Good one.

Now who's the known poacher?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Put it this way, you now know three poachers. Is this so bad? Of course it is. Until the "poachers" shot the deer it wasnt poached. There for the only poacher is your friend. WOW
Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure it is!! Your friend is as bad, actually worse since he killed the buck,as those other "poachers". Why would you even need to question this?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Say that deer reacted strongly to any sort of pressure. The first day when we all march into the woods, I am sure there are some deer that head for unfamiliar hills at least for a while. That's why its not far chase.

Where your friend made his first mistake was thinking that he owned or deserved that deer. It was no more his than the poachers.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:33 AM

Is this so bad? ABSOLUTELY!!!! Your friend showed he is a poacher himself. Hunting is not about killing a big buck, it's about the experiences we have. Poaching is about the kill/trophy. I would have a hard time sharing a cold beverage with that friend.

-Schism
Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

He is a poacher and you are his accomplice.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: steelslinger

Know a friend that watched a buck all summer. About two weeks before season, noticed two guys (known poachers and tresspassers) watching this buck from the road. Saw them a couple of times over the next week so decided to go get the buck before they decided to do something stupid. Four days before season started he went and got the buck. Went to his stand and made a perfect shot at 30 yards. I didn't disagree with his decision. I know the guys that were watching the deer and they will use rifles during bow. Since it was his place exclusively and he took it fair chase I couldn't say anything bad to him about it.
1. I don't care if he made a 100 yard gut shot, it doesn't make it any more legal. I am sorry that you are/have enabled him to feel like he did the right thing. He crossed a line, this tends to get easier to do after the first time.

2. You need a new dictionary.

Quick Reply: Sorry, bad post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.