Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Inner Lock Broadheads? >

Inner Lock Broadheads?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Inner Lock Broadheads?

Old 03-14-2003, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Inner Lock Broadheads?

Hey i was wondering if anyone here uses the innerlocking broadheads, Because no one ever talks about the ma and i love them thry are super strong and razer sharp they also fly just like my broadheads.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Inner Lock Broadheads?

b-rice
ya those broadheads fly just like my broadheads too. (sorry couldn' t resist)

Searously I think they are a great head. I choose them over muzzy' s because of the design. Ya I said it muzzy fans so get those flamethrowers out. I have had two muzzy heads shear off at the tip where the tip screws onto those threaded ends of the ferrel. granted it was after they passed through the deer and smacked a rock on the other side. I tried the innerlock heads and got better accuracy so I used them. Last year I tried the Ti100 head and I must say they are my new favoriat head.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Innerloc 125 grain 3 blade
Plywood 5 points
Steel drum 4 points
Tire 4 points
Cutting diameter 3 points
Accuracy 4 points
Blades 3 points
Non- mechanical head 2 points
Total score 25 with a blade sharpness rating of B

The Innerloc is a three blade, broadhead very similar to the Muzzy 3 blade heads. In fact Innerloc blades will fit a Muzzy ferule very well, although the cutting diameter is reduced. On the other hand, Muzzy blades will not fit the Innerloc ferule.
In the plywood the head penetrated fully with no damage. In the tire it penetrated one side, along with 5 inches of the arrow shaft. In the steel drum the head penetrated one side, with the tip and ¼ of the blades sticking out the far wall.
The accuracy of the Innerlock broadhead was excellent grouping with my field points out of a properly tuned bow. The blades are shaving sharp out of the package, again very close to what Muzzy blades were like last year, before they improved the sharpness for this year. They are not as sharp as Rocky mountain, or new archery products blades, but still plenty sharp for hunting.
I liked the Innerloc heads. I found them to be strong, sharp, and accurate. They are very similar to Muzzy heads in many ways. The biggest difference is that the Innerloc tip also has a threaded shaft. It screws into the bottom of the ferule, where as the Muzzy tip screws over the ferule. The Muzzy tips are larger, being wider, and longer. Both heads are excellent in most ways, and I would feel confident using them on any game. Your choice would probably boil down to how big do you like your tips, and yes I said TIPS. I am not going into all the legal issues and court battles between the two manufactures, they have a history, and most of you probably know. I tried not to compare the two heads, but they are so similar that it’s impossible not too. Either way you choose you will be getting a very good broadhead.

Old 03-15-2003, 07:17 PM

I use 125 grain Innerloc and love them. super sharp and very accurate. I used 125 grain 4 blade last year and really think that they fly better than any broadhead that I have ever used. I like the tips on the Innerlocs better than the muzzy.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Spike

I use MZY 100' s, but I will have to agree on one thing - the threads on the ferrel are a little short, and if there is going to be a problem it seems to me that is where it shows up. I had a sample innerloc when they first came out and liked everything about them except the sharpness of their blades. I usually touch up my blades and TIPS before hunting with them, but just thught that overall the MZY had the better blade then - don' t know about now.