Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who is hutning and Earn-A-Buck zone ?

Yes, 14 and 9.

Same property? Yes

Same stand sites? No

How about you? Are you switching properties to get a doe? I know my buddy will be, but he has a spot that is infested with does and gets boogered up by other guys pretty quick.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Well I'm probably sure you already know this, but I am and no I'm hunting two different spots for bucks and does.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt in VA and we have just started the earn a buck in many counties this year. Ive been doing this on my properties for years so it wont change a thing for me. If i were you though I would try to get does out on the same property you buck hunt, believe it or not, too many does can hurt you. In the rutbucks dont have run around and search as much, and the food becomes less, restricting growth. Properties we clear the does out on always fair better for larger bucks and better rut activity.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im hunting zones 9 and 13, both earn a buck. In the past i have used certain stands for bucks only, but last year i wacked them when ever i got the chance, didnt effect my buck sightings at all.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: njbuck22

Im hunting zones 9 and 13, both earn a buck. In the past i have used certain stands for bucks only, but last year i wacked them when ever i got the chance, didnt effect my buck sightings at all.
Any more it seems like you have to whack them when you get the opportunity. When I first started hunting NJ it was a foregone conclusion that you'd get your EAB doe right away. Now it's become work where I hunt. I guess that means it's working right?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

In 14 I hunt both public and private. I don't know where I'll be yet. On opening day I'll be filming on in zone 7 I think.

Our plan is similar to yours. There isa stand where there are a ton of doe pics, so we plunk a doe there, check her in, and then go to one of the spots where there are more buck pics.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

I hunt in VA and we have just started the earn a buck in many counties this year. Ive been doing this on my properties for years so it wont change a thing for me. If i were you though I would try to get does out on the same property you buck hunt, believe it or not, too many does can hurt you. In the rutbucks dont have run around and search as much, and the food becomes less, restricting growth. Properties we clear the does out on always fair better for larger bucks and better rut activity.
Are you up in NOVA or SWVA?

Heres a question for all you other EAB states? Do you have to kill a doe before you can hunt a buck? At first, I thought that was what VA was going to do. BUT...I learned I can kill a buck first as long as I kill a doe before my second buck. Do the other states work in this manner?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.