HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rattlin' Antlers- Real or Imitation? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/261256-rattlin-antlers-real-imitation.html)

wis_bow_huntr 09-04-2008 05:01 AM

RE: Rattlin' Antlers- Real or Imitation?

I like to mix things up a bit, I like to use a set of real antlers of a big size and also use my rattle bag. I switch off and on giving the sound of different bucks clashing horns. It also breaks up the montone of one set of antlers. Try it youll be suprized with the results it can have.

RDHunter 09-04-2008 06:18 AM

Real antlers ... nothing sounds better or more real than real bone.
You could either use some sheds you found or use some from a buck you didn't get mounted.
I have an old pair from a little six pointer I took some odd years ago.

thehairlessone! 09-04-2008 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I like to mix things up a bit, I like to use a set of real antlers of a big size and also use my rattle bag. I switch off and on giving the sound of different bucks clashing horns. It also breaks up the montone of one set of antlers. Try it youll be suprized with the results it can have.
that's a good idea too.

rick

HuntingBry 09-04-2008 06:37 AM

I've always used real, but if I could find a rattle bag that I liked enough I'd be willing to give it a try. I get tired of getting poked in the kidneys on the way in and out and half the time I don't use the antlers anymore.

demoIL 09-04-2008 02:04 PM

I have used the rattle bag for ease of packing it around but never had much luck either.. Found a nice set of sheds this year and I'll probably use those.. I may cut the tips off though, already got some banged up knuckles..

bowmanaj 09-04-2008 03:21 PM

Sheds

John Deer 09-04-2008 03:25 PM

The real ones sound better to me.

Buckmaster519 09-04-2008 03:31 PM

real sheds definitely cut the tips off and cut off the browtines if any and i put some electrical tape or like tennis racket grip around the bases for grip and i drill a hole the bottom part of the beam and get some leather cord and tie them together.

MarquetteMagnum 09-04-2008 09:46 PM

Real, one huge set that I found in the barn, no Idea were they came from but they were old and now they have been my set for 3 years now and they work great for me. Had the biggest buck I have ever seen 15yds and ticked off, couldn't get a shot,,,,still makes me sick.