HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shoot 'em in the neck!?!?! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/261180-shoot-em-neck.html)

twildasin 09-03-2008 02:06 PM

RE: Shoot 'em in the neck!?!?!

This is bullcrap! Never would I shoot a deer in the neck with my bow! Tell the guy he is a jackass!

Kid 09-03-2008 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

If you do see him again please do punch him in the sack.......tell him it's from me.:eek:

LMAO! AMEN! :D

JESUS loves archers 09-03-2008 02:32 PM

Alright I`ll be the scapegoat-I shot an 8 pointer in the neck 3 years ago.
I was on the ground and busted,the deer was standing behind a tree looking right at me and the only shot I had was a wide open neck shot.
It ran about 75 yards REAL FAST spraying blood 5 feet up in the trees.
Now I have to go find my old football nutcup.

MN/Kyle 09-03-2008 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

Alright I`ll be the scapegoat-I shot an 8 pointer in the neck 3 years ago.
I was on the ground and busted,the deer was standing behind a tree looking right at me and the only shot I had was a wide open neck shot.
It ran about 75 yards REAL FAST spraying blood 5 feet up in the trees.
Now I have to go find my old football nutcup.
But...was there a cougar chasing it[:-]

JESUS loves archers 09-03-2008 02:36 PM

No there are no cougers in MN.

sr77 09-03-2008 02:42 PM

Yep straight up sack punch is well deserved if you are aiming for the neck. About 5 yrs. ago i shot at a nice buck, arrow clipped a vine i never noticed basically cutting it in half, arrow kicked sideways and hit the deer in the neck, more towards the base in the meaty area, guess what......you guessed it, never found the deer and felt awful about it.

Shane

SouthDakotaHunter 09-03-2008 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Anybody purposely aiming for the neck as their intendedtarget should be punched in the sack.......end of story. :eek:

That quote is priceless!

Aiming for the neck with a bow is just a bad idea - period!

shrewbeer 09-03-2008 03:04 PM

LOL I guess my question is answered. I will not take this man's advice, and I will never try to shoot a deer in the neck for fear of multiple kicks, dropkicks, and fists to the seeds[:@]

Matt / PA; I think we need a sack-kick smiley!

Vabowman 09-03-2008 03:10 PM

I mean you can learn a lot about a bull by sticking your head up his ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??....that is the most rediculous thing I have ever read on here, never do that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JESUS loves archers 09-03-2008 03:29 PM

I`m sure I`m not the only one here that has shot a deer in the neck.My grandpa raised my moms family on veni (most of which were shot at night and of course out of season) and he would only shoot a deer in the neck,and granted that was with a rifle but a broadhead makes a much bigger hole.