Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many deer have you missed with bow? >

How many deer have you missed with bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many deer have you missed with bow?

Old 03-15-2003, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many deer have you missed with bow?

Let' s see, i lost count I' ve been bowhunting about 16 years and i' ll have to say the first two years was nothing more than learning seasons but i feel i' m a much better hunter because of it. I shot over deer, under deer, behind deer, and even in front of deer. I' ve been at full draw and my arrow fall off the rest, or draw when a walking deer went behind a tree and have to let up because he never walked out like i thought he would, i think i could go on and on. I can say however that i' ve never wounded a deer and lost it so i' m thankful for that. My misses were always clean ones. Oh yeah, i' ve been busted quite a few times as well. After the first couple of years and my first bow kill i would say i became pretty consistent and have been every since. I feel confident now when i' m bowhunting but i learned to take nothing for granted because anything can happen. I believe in Practice, Practice, Practice!
Old 03-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

i have missed quite a few deer. missed a nice 8 pointer this year went right over him at about 30 yards and got a does at about 40 yards go figure
Old 03-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Three misses for me.

Two of them from deflections. I never saw the limb! At least they were clean misses.

The third miss? Must have forgot to anchor. Shooting at a 160" class buck when you are a very young man can be unsettling to some guys![]
Old 03-15-2003, 09:22 AM

Dont want to talk about it. Very bad luck last year, BIG BUCK, bigger this comming year though I bet.[:@]
Old 03-15-2003, 09:40 AM

I' ve been bowhunting for 17 years and i lost count but it' s been alot mostly back when i first started.My 1st year i probably missed 5,but now,i still miss but not as much as when i 1st started.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Last year was my first year bowhunting. bought a bow; set it up with a 10 20 30 yrd pin { didnt know any better at the time} anyway I set up my stand the only shot would be 20 yrds. a buck came in stopped in my shooting lane I was really excited to say the least. I pulled back put the pin on his heart, string slapped my arm plus wrong pin 10 yrd pin for a 20 yrd shot aggg. Told afriend about it, he told me to get rid of the 10 yrd pin so I did the next evening a doe came through
same spot, I drilled her. 3 days later the 8 pt came through. He,s on my wall now

Their is a GOD LOVE THAT BOWHUNTING
Old 03-16-2003, 06:33 AM

I am one for one in my career so far!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 09:54 AM

After 13 years of hunting I have only missed 3 times. The kicker is they were all at the same deer the same evening. It was a decent little 5pt which I missed at 35yds, 20yds and12yds. Shot over him all three times. I was quite disappointed to say the least especially because he didnt know I was there and kept coming back. Turned out my proshop gave me the wrong practice tips 125 gr instead of 100 so my broadheads were a tad lighter therefore shooting higher and being up in the tree so high I had to aim higher causing my shot to go over his back. Lesson learned----practice with my broadheads!!!! That was during my 3rd year of hunting with the bow, inexperience!!!! Haven' t missed yet fortunately although I wish I would have one time. The nicest buck I shot at was never found----can we say heart broke!!!! Reclaimed my confidence on 2 does later that year.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:11 PM

Missed one twice! Then connected on the doe behind her! That was the first I shot at, and the second one I shot at I connected....hmmm! 50%, could do better![:' (]
Old 03-16-2003, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

3...two does and one buck, the buck was a clean miss at 10 yards...one doe I had misjudged distance and the other I had suddenly contracted the Fever and shook so bad I couldnt take a shot!

Quick Reply: How many deer have you missed with bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.