Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Serious Broadhead Problem >

Serious Broadhead Problem

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Serious Broadhead Problem

Old 09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Serious Broadhead Problem

i'm sure yall are gettin tired of broadhead questions but i really can't decide.ok, this is the problem. since i am getting a new bow soon i figured i'd try some new broadheads as well. i really want to try expandables, buti've always gone with fixed because in the past i'd heard expandables were risky, having problems like deflection and blades not opening. with todays technology do expandables still seem to give these problems? and if you were going to shoot an expandable which ones would you use? i've heard really good things about rocket sidewinders but i just don't know....help would be sincerely appreciated
Old 09-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Serious Broadhead Problem

I will need a little more info to help you out. Whats your draw length, poundage and type of bow you shoot. I need to get a least somebearing on the amount of Kinetic energy your setup produces.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

well, i found out recently my draw length is too long, so on my new bow it'll be 27". my draw will be 70#, and i'll be shooting these new heads with a mathews dxt. i hope thats enough info
Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 PM

If you want to try an expandable, consider the Rocket Steelheads. I've used them successfully several times, as have many other people.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

grim reapers

Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 PM

Never used expandables, but i think the less moving parts on a bow (including your arrows) the better. Never had a problem with myMuzzy3-Blades opening!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:41 PM

I AGREE I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY MUZZY 3 BLADE 100 GRAIN OPENING EITHER!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I switched to rage 2 blade and i love em. didn't have to adjust sights and great cutting width. but i still have my muzzy on backup.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with NYaK ive used muzzy 3 blade for many years and they have never failed me once. I must be old school but i just dont change from what works for me.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will probably be in the 65 to 70 ft/lbs range with those numbers, which will be enough to shoot most any mechanical head you want. I would choose a head with no more than 1.5" cut for a 3 blade and no more than a 2" cut for a 2 blade. some of my personal favorites are the G5 Tekan II ( not the new version the older one) Piston point/undertaker, Rocket steel heads, Rocky mtn gator or snypers, or the Vortex steels. Rage heads are very popular due to a mass marketing plan that almost everyone seems to be falling for. Rages are good broadheads, but not great ones as the adds would leave you to believe. That said they will get the job done but are way overpriced in my opinion. There are a lot more good heads as well and you can take a look at my website to see them all, but those listed above are all solid designs that perform well year after year.

Quick Reply: Serious Broadhead Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.