Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many points of reference for your anchor(s) >

How many points of reference for your anchor(s)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many points of reference for your anchor(s)

Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many points of reference for your anchor(s)

1.string on nose and corner of my mouth
2.index knuckle and thumb knuckle right under my ear
3.look through my peep

and let em fly
Old 09-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

GMMAT, you continue to say, "anchor points".
I hope I'm not, EI...honestly. Where did I say the peep was an anchor point? I never intended to.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

GMMAT, you continue to say, "anchor points".
I hope I'm not, EI...honestly. Where did I say the peep was an anchor point? I never intended to.
I really wish if you're going to quote me, that you use the whole quote.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Oh....OK.

GMMAT, you continue to say, "anchor points".I'll say it again,you have ONE anchor point. Period. The rest are reference points. Get it?
All anchor points are referencesbut all references are not anchor points. An anchor point must be something that cannot change under any circumstances, your hand to your face and where your string touches your nose for example. If you touch your earlobe, or back of your neck or whatever.
ALL of these itmes ARE anchor points. If you had but one....you'd have no "reference" to know it was the same. each time. That's why we have multiple anchor points. String to nose.....hand position on side of face....etc...

I wasn't even aware that this was up for discussion. It begs the question, though.....if you only have ONE anchor point.....how do you check to make sure it's right? I'm intrigued.

Tell me how many anchor points you see in this photo. I count at least 4.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Oh....OK.

GMMAT, you continue to say, "anchor points".I'll say it again,you have ONE anchor point. Period. The rest are reference points. Get it?
All anchor points are referencesbut all references are not anchor points. An anchor point must be something that cannot change under any circumstances, your hand to your face and where your string touches your nose for example. If you touch your earlobe, or back of your neck or whatever.
ALL of these itmes ARE anchor points. If you had but one....you'd have no "reference" to know it was the same. each time. That's why we have multiple anchor points. String to nose.....hand position on side of face....etc...

I wasn't even aware that this was up for discussion. It begs the question, though.....if you only have ONE anchor point.....how do you check to make sure it's right? I'm intrigued.
No, oh thick one, we don't have "multiple anchor points".You have one, and wego to this exact spot every time. You should literallybe able to get to your anchor with your eyes closed, then use the "reference points" (which ever you use) to line up the point of impact. I'm done now.[8D]
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

I think I can help as I have no vested interest in this "discussion". If the peep moves a 1/2" you would notice if you are anchored correctly. If your peep has moved that same amount but your anchors are not correct you may actually see through the peep and think you are lined up. When you shoot bad you then adjust your sights but you anchor incorrectly again and never get dialed in because your anchor not the peep are off. I hope this helps explain how the peep is referenced but not an anchor. You can shoot without a peep but you cannot shoot without hand,string etc...anchors
Old 09-03-2008, 08:40 PM

I USE MY PIN HOUSING IN MY PEEP,KNUCKLE UNDER MY EAR, NOSE ON MY STRING AND MY BOTTOM LIP TOUCHING MY FLETCHING.