Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 grayling fletching jig >

grayling fletching jig

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

grayling fletching jig

Old 03-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default grayling fletching jig

I ordered a grayling fletching jig and it came in yesterday. I must say that the directions that came with it are a bit confusing. I did only glance at them, but does anybody have a better set of directions or maybe pictures on how to use this thing? Keep in mind have never fletched my own arrows and never even looked at one of these up close before.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2003, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: grayling fletching jig

Somebody must have this and be able to give me a clue how to use it. The directions are pretty much worthless. ANybody????

THanks
Old 03-18-2003, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: grayling fletching jig

I have one of these jigs, and found it fairly simple to use. If I remember right, I use the jig as it comes set up.....for three vanes. I have never put in the parts for 4 vanes.

As far as using the jig for fletching an arrow, it is very simple. You always want to put the vane in the same spot in the clamp, this will insure a uniform look of the fletchings. Place the arrow in the jig, you must have a nock on the arrow. Turn the bottom knob to make sure you are locked into a position. Run a bead of glue down the vane and place on the magnet of the base. Make sure the bottom of the clamp is touching the jig, this will also help in keeping the vanes uniform.

If you would like some pictures, I can take some during some of the different steps and post them. Just let me know.