Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2 questions..are these bows any good and is the whisker rest any good >

2 questions..are these bows any good and is the whisker rest any good

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 questions..are these bows any good and is the whisker rest any good

Old 09-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default 2 questions..are these bows any good and is the whisker rest any good

It's hard to believe this rest doesn't effect the vanes coming through..

Reason being ..I'm bidding on a nice bow off of ebay..It shoots 300 Feet per second...It's a Reflex Bighorn
Old 09-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Are these bows any good??

Are these bows any good..
Old 09-01-2008, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Are these bows any good??

Hey Brother Chuck,

I have been using a Whisker Biscuit since 2001, and I love it. In fact it is all I am willing to use until something like it but better comes out. I use Blazer vanes on my arrows, and I have not had one minutes trouble. The full arrow containment is a wonderful thing.

I too am getting ready to buy a new bow, most likely a PSE X-Force SS, and it will wear a W.B.

I shot one that a PSE pro had, and shooting 330 fps, it was very quiet and deadly accurate. The W.B. did not affect the arrow flight , even at that high speed. The bow I have now shoots 300 fps, and it has been great with the W.B. Plenty quiet, and the W.B. only slows the arrow about 3 fps.

As far as that bow goes, I have not ever shot one, but I have read some good reviews on it. It is a lot like a Hoyt... and they make some nice bows. The speed is plenty fast to take a deer. The only other issue is how quiet it is, which I have no information on.

Sorry I cannot be more help. I hope you are having a good Labor day.

God Bless,

MET

Old 09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seems guys either love the biscuit or hate it. have heard the argument that it doesn't affect your arrow etc...

The pros at my shop hate it, maybe the newer versions are better than the original back in the day, but my rest works fine.

Not only the biscuit hitting the vanes, but when the arrow goes to flex.....its restricted....can't see that creating the most accurate arrow flights.

But if it works for you, who cares.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

GOOD hearing from ya my man..I hope all is going well with ya..

That bow I'm looking at is only 99.00

How do I adjust the draw on it..Well, I ask the man if i win the bid if he can set it up at 60 lb pull and a 31 " draw.
Still waiting to hear back.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Chuck7 - Are you worried that the vanes will come lose at the tip? I love useing my whisker i wouldn't change for any other rest out there. Alot of my friends told me to get one so i did and love it ,but i was a little concern thyat the tips of my vanes would come lose so i put a small drop of super glue on the tips hadn't had any problem.I hope this answers your question about the whisker.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks partner..my vanes have that slight twist in them..It's hard to imagine them not effected..but if I win this bow..I'll try her out..300FPS is fast..
Old 09-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about the bow, but I use theWB and it is great.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 PM

Chuck,
I can't tell you too much about the bow your bidding on, but the Whisker Biscuit is great for hunting! I use it a lot especially when stalking deer because it is basically impossible for your arrow to fall out. The onlything i don't like about it is that i shoot a lot and when the same set of arrows goes through it about 100 times,the fletches areboundto fall off. During the tourneys it really is a hassle, but thats why they made drop aways! But, really the Whisker Biscuit is the best rest i have ever used for hunting!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Chuck, good to see you in the BH forum a little.

I'm not sure if you know it or not, but the 300fps is "IBO" speed, which is shot using a very light arrow, with nothing on shaft, strings, etc. Shooting the bow at the highest poundage and draw length. Thats how the 300 fps is acheived. My Bowtech allegiance' IBO is 327-335 FPS "IBO"

With my D'loop, peep, 350grn arrow(which is the lightest i can go) and a 28" DL @ 70lbs Im shooting 297FPS.

And you may know all of this already... sorry if you do[8D], but in reality, by the time you get your silencers, peep, loop, and total arrow wieght, expecially with a whisker biscuit and shooting at 60lbs, I suspect you would be shooting the250fps range, and that is completley a guess, But with your long Draw length it may be higher.

None the less, still fast enough to kill a deer.

Quick Reply: 2 questions..are these bows any good and is the whisker rest any good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.