Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

god help me

Old 08-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: god help me

No doubt! I didn't say it was "healthy". I said it was possible.

When in doubt.....listen to Matt........... not Rush and Jared
Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck
Old 08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No doubt! I didn't say it was "healthy". I said it was possible.

When in doubt.....listen to Matt........... not Rush and Jared
You are correct, but I have a feeling at 6'8" and 400lbs that ol' Big Tim needs a pretty good dose of "HEALTHY" at this point in his life.

I'm like PA's Cliff Clavin, (That's what Frank calls me ,LOL) I know just enough about enough different things to really make me dangerous. I'm a storehouse of useless trivia and HELL on a Trivial Pursuit game.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Dominant Buck

SON!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Making up your mind to lose the weight is the most important part! Eat good food,meaning healthy food.Lean meats,lots of vegetables and fruits,lots of water.Eliminate soft drinks like soda and fruit juices.Drink water or tea.Watch the dressings and sauces,lots of sneaky calories in those condiments.
Any exercise plan needs a good balance of aerobic/cardio and anerobic/resistance exercise.Start off easy do some push ups and sit ups,the amount you do and the number of sets really depends upon your condition.Walking is a good way to start off until you can jog and then run.Work your way in to these things.
Get a physical if you havn't in a while so you get the go ahead to embark on a diet and exercise program.
Here is a list of web sites that I find very helpful.Rosstraining,Crossfit,Bodyweight Culture,John Berardi nutrition,Clarence Bass Ripped.Read the articles on these sites,go to their forums,there is a ton of excellent information.
I wish you good luck!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Tim, I'll be praying for you on that deal .. like Matt said, it is a lifestyle change .... diet AND exersize if you want all the benefits of a well functioning body ....... you should post pics of yourself now and update this thread ...accountability also helps ....
Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

i know i need to get more active thats why i choose this time with hunting season around the corner i will be out more walking hiking.
Also what some people do not understand when you are realy over weight like i am you will lose weight just by cutting your food intake down.
I looked online and at my age hieght and weight i would need 5000 cal. a day to stay at my weight .

Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i know i need to get more active thats why i choose this time with hunting season around the corner i will be out more walking hiking.
Also what some people do not understand when you are realy over weight like i am you will lose weight just by cutting your food intake down.
I looked online and at my age hieght and weight i would need 5000 cal. a day to stay at my weight .
Tim ... weight loss CANNOT be your only goal if you want to really benefit from a leaner body ...... by allowing you to eat enough food, exercise is vitalin allowing you to take in the nutrients you need to maintain a healthy body
Old 09-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Yep, losing weight and keeping it off is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not a diet. Diets don't work ever. YOu need to completely change your eating habits, mindset on food and nutrition and EXERCISE.

Diet without exercise is a waste of time, and diet and exercise without changing your lifestyle is a waste of a lot of hard work.

You are absolutely correct. My wife happens to be a Weight Watchers leader, who after the the birth of our son, lost 66 lbs. (and haskeptit off)back in the 80's by exercising and changing her eating habits. And, you'll be surprised how good some of the Weight Watchers recipes that she cooks actually are. I, myself have lost, and kept off, 20 lbs. over the past 6 years by following her lead. Good luck to ya.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 PM

I'm doing a hunter fitness challenge on my blog, maybe we should do a thread for all the people trying to loose weight, kind of a support group. Post pictures, update everyone on our success and what we are struggling with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.