Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage 3 Blade...

Old 08-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage 3 Blade...

My dad just gave me a pack of the Rage 3 blade practice heads (he's using the 2 blade model this year) and I was really impressed with how well these heads fly. I'd like to hear any opinions on the Rage 3 blade, particularly from those of you who use them. I've heard horror stories about dull blades and a few other problems with them. Also, do the actual heads fly as well as the practice heads? Thanks a lot!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage 3 Blade...

The actual heads fly just like the practice tips. I bought a pack of both the 2 and 3 Blade to see which I liked best.And I like the 2 blade more, I wouldn't hesitated to shoot the 3 blade at a deer though.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just picked up the 2 blade and of course i didn't trust the practice head so i screwed one on and let it fly. Dead on.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:49 PM

Most of the experts in the Archery business don't like any expandables just because there is always the chance of something going wrong, and oh by the way they advertise them(rage broadheads)as not having o rings.They do use o rings, and I also read in a cople mags that they won't even pass through a deer when quartering away!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Drizzu213

Most of the experts in the Archery business don't like any expandables just because there is always the chance of something going wrong, and oh by the way they advertise them(rage broadheads)as not having o rings.They do use o rings, and I also read in a cople mags that they won't even pass through a deer when quartering away!
Have you ever used them?

I have some, and shot today with one to make sure they were still shooting good out of my setup, still touching my field point arrow. I might switch to the 2 blade after this season for a little bigger cutting diameter. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like an inexperienced Rage Hater.[:@]
Old 08-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did those mags have an advertisment for a different broadhead on the next page?
True it does have an o-ring but its not a "retaining" o-ring.
The way i see it is if chuck adams would even give it a nod then its at least worth a try.
And now that i have tried them i'll keep using them till i find a bad point to using them
Old 09-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Fork Horn

obviously you dont use them because i used them last year and both my buck and doe i shot.. the buck quartering away and the doe broadside had pass threws so.. until you shoot them or have enough weight to actually shoot a deer you should keep personal opinions elsewhere..
Old 09-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Fork Horn

Rage 3 blades worked great for me last year. You won't have any problems with them.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

This Anti Rage stuff is getting me all Raged up, and that's Enough to get me Raging! Shoot em, love em.

Quick Reply: Rage 3 Blade...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.