Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keep the stabilizer? >

Keep the stabilizer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keep the stabilizer?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Spike

Default Keep the stabilizer?

Ive got a PSE whitetail extreme i purchased from BPS a few years back. Anyway it comes with an all metal stabilizer on it. So I bought a limbsaver s coil 3061 stabilizer. My question is wether to take the original stabilizer off and chuck it or to screw the limbsaver on the end of the original stabilizer. With the two connected it probably sticks out 8 to 10 inches. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2008, 08:58 PM

Default RE: Keep the stabilizer?

Try the 2 in all different configurations and find a position that feels the best to you.....then leave it like that
Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leave it off and shoot without it...
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never did like the cheaper metal stabilizer that came with my bow package, so I got a Limbsaver and I have to say it did take away some handshock.
Still you might try them against each other in all the configurations you can come up with, just see which feels better to you.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Spike

Thanks I will try more combos. One more question though. Am I trying to put weight in front of the bow to prevent recoil? It does feel more steady with all the weight on there but Im wondering if it is getting too heavy?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Try the 2 in all different configurations and find a position that feels the best to you.....then leave it like that
Thats what I would do.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

i would just use the limbsaver. They are good ones

rick
Old 08-30-2008, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: shetzy911

Thanks I will try more combos. One more question though. Am I trying to put weight in front of the bow to prevent recoil? It does feel more steady with all the weight on there but Im wondering if it is getting too heavy?
Generally, the farther it sticks out the more steady you will be. Its up to you to decide if the extra weight is worth it.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your hunting and not shooting 3-d with it then I would take the metal one off and just use the limbsaver, that's just me though..
Old 08-30-2008, 07:40 AM

Try all three configurations and see which one you like more. I personally like a 10-12 inch stabilizer on my bows, and heavy ones at that. While your at it try it reversed as well. Put the limbsaver on first then the stock one screwed into that.

Paul

Quick Reply: Keep the stabilizer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.