Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Creative!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Be Creative!

I do not own hunting ground. My family does. I also hunt a lot of government land. If or when I do purchase some hunting-farm land, I will have no problem destroying anything someone else puts there, as long as I keep the land posted. They should expect this.
Chris
Old 08-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

I have our farm inPA posted clear enough that nobody can ever say they crossed the property line by accident.
We started posting the property about 15 years ago after a guy got shot in turkey season. Neither hunter had permission to be on the property and a few weeks later the guy who got shot started talking about a lawsuit. Luckily it never happened, but my grandfather was pretty shook up so we decided to post everything.

Anyway, if I find anything on my side of the property---it's mine.

It's my property--I own it.

Do I feel bad--Hell No. I feel good because I just got something for free.

I like stuff for free.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few years ago I had exclusive rights to a nice piece of property, unfortunately it was near a trailer park where the residents thought they had rights too. I found tree stands, cameras, etc. Finally after getting tired of having my hunts ruined, I posted the entire piece. They couldn't say it wasn't posted properly, took 2 days. The next trail cam I found, I kept moving posted sign in front of it. Do you have any idea how long it takes to take 28 or so pics of a posted sign??? How about x8? Then I took the stand down and posted the tree it was on. My buddy took great pride in having pics taken of his moon. This went on for a few weeks until I finally found one of the guys riding his 4 wheeler, and expressed my displeasure nicely, and even asked him to please inform any other hunters that this property was posted and charges would be pressed. His response "you can't stop me!" I then informed him that so far I had been playing but if that was his attitude I could get serious. his response "What are you gonna do?" I told him that I would be taking 2"x4" and driving nails into them and burying them under the leaves. 4 wheeler tires get expensive. From there I ran cables across every 4 wheeler trail. The owner wanted to press charges but I told him that I would handle it. It stopped but the property lost some of it's glitz.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Spike

I remember my grandfather shooting at people trespassing on our land. Those were the days. Probly would not fly nowadays.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

If it's on my property, it's mine till you come face to face with me to claim it back.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have caught neighbors before trespassing, I just make myself noticeable.We don't like trouble so we just post our land better and keep the fence up to par. I haven't had to ask permission to track deer on theneighborsland but when the day comes, I know I wouldn't have a problem. I want them to feel the same way with us. Seriously IMO it seems to me that the only people that cry about trespassers and cause problems are the ones that don't own their own land but think they have to be the landowners watch dog.If you things got stolen Im sure you didn't hide it better or maybe you should put it right off the road. Seriously who are you to rip down a stand or smash somebodys camera? Im just guessing that some of you do that. I read all the time about people saying someone stole their camera and feederor took their stand.If you are a victim of stolen property I blame dumb threads like this."put a card in front of the camera" are you asking to get your face punched in. Leave people chit alone. Its dumb**** like you that cause problems.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

I have caught neighbors before trespassing, I just make myself noticeable.We don't like trouble so we just post our land better and keep the fence up to par. I haven't had to ask permission to track deer on theneighborsland but when the day comes, I know I wouldn't have a problem. I want them to feel the same way with us. Seriously IMO it seems to me that the only people that cry about trespassers and cause problems are the ones that don't own their own land but think they have to be the landowners watch dog.If you things got stolen Im sure you didn't hide it better or maybe you should put it right off the road. Seriously who are you to rip down a stand or smash somebodys camera? Im just guessing that some of you do that. I read all the time about people saying someone stole their camera and feederor took their stand.If you are a victim of stolen property I blame dumb threads like this."put a card in front of the camera" are you asking to get your face punched in. Leave people chit alone. Its dumb**** like you that cause problems.
Most landowners want you to keep trespassers off. But that might just be where I hunt, who knows

You shouldn't really have to hide it on private property should you?