Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who uses decoys? >

Who uses decoys?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who uses decoys?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who uses decoys?

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Rob,

I have used the carry-lite with good success in Illinois but never really used it around here because I don't ever hunt fields where I live. I really like the looks of that decoy and I don't think it is too big. It's on the bigger side but it's the most realistic looking decoy that I have seen (although I haven't looked at decoys in the last few years). I think the realism of the decoy will overcome the size. Now that being said, if they had a decoy that was as realistic looking but a little smaller then I may opt for the smaller decoy. But, I think you will be fine either way and I predict you will kill a 154" 10pt on the 3rd day of your hunt using the decoy that you postedGood luck buddy!! Nothing but good mojo coming your way!!!!
Thank you my friend.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob

You should put his antlers on backwards and see if you can lure in a "Rob" buck.
LMBO ducsauce.

I had a buck come in that would have kicked his arse, or wanted to. I missed him and he was a Rob buck, had busted tines all over but was BIG and HEAVY. That was 06. There's some around and by what I'm hearing/ reading in this thread. I'm gonna go ahead and purchase that bad ass and see what it'll do this year.

Have decoy, will travel!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 AM

Haha...good luck with it Rob. I'm still on the fence about buying a decoy. As much as I blind call; it might be a good idea to have something waiting around when the bucks do show themselves.