HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How do you pack in your climber and hunting pack? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259999-how-do-you-pack-your-climber-hunting-pack.html)

louddrummer69 08-27-2008 12:41 PM

How do you pack in your climber and hunting pack?

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but it was irrelevant to me at the time. I'm going to buy my first climber this year and was wondering how you guys pack in your gear? Do you throw it over your climber somehow or throw the climber over the pack? Also, if you guys could give me any tips or advice that you would like to share would be greatly appreciated. I've always made my own stands and have dozens but I thought I might try something different and give a climber a try. I plan on buying a Summit Goliath. Thanks fellas!

killadoe 08-27-2008 12:43 PM

RE: How do you pack in your climber and hunting pack?

i usea fanny pack....

Vulture6 08-27-2008 12:48 PM

First thing I did was to get rid of the shoulder straps that come with the climber. I replaced them with shoulder straps from a military ALICE pack that I got at the surplus store - much more comfortable.

The climber stacks together so that you can "back pack" it into the woods. When it is together, I just use a snap link (like you can get at a home improvement store for a buck or two) and use it to clip my hunting daypack (through the top handle) to the mesh floor of the bottom of the tree stand. I then use some bungie cords to hold the daypack flat against stand. When I'm ready to climb, I use the bungie cords as an added "strap" to keep my feet in the stirrups, and pull the pack up on the rope (I used two ropes - one on the right side for my bow and one on my left side for my daypack).

Hope that helps.

early in 08-27-2008 01:09 PM

Here'sthe way I set mine up for the walk in. I keep the platform in the hunting position permanently. I doesn't get in the way, and it's one less activity I need to perform when getting set up. That day bag also has my cushion in it. That's how "I" make my seat portioncomfy forall day sits, not to be confused with naps.;):D

bigbulls 08-27-2008 01:19 PM

You can either put it in your stand like early does...

You can wear the back pack in front and treestand on your back

Or get a bowbat that will carry your bow and gear and then just strap the bow bat to your tree and all of your stuff is right there within arms reach.

GMMAT 08-27-2008 01:20 PM

That's also NOT the way the LW people say to pack that stand. But...whatever works, I guess.

I don't take a pack. I have that same stand....and I ordered the saddle bag for it. Everything I'm gonna need will fit in that saddle bag.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-27-2008 01:21 PM

I use an Ol'man climber and I use a backpack. I simply hang the backpack on my climber just as if it were on my back and walk in.

Canuck33 08-27-2008 01:21 PM

I used a combo of the strap that is used to tie the stand to the tree ann the elastic footstraps on the stand itself, I have a summit. You could use a bungie or something similar

early in 08-27-2008 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That's also NOT the way the LW people say to pack that stand. But...whatever works, I guess.

I don't take a pack. I have that same stand....and I ordered the saddle bag for it. Everything I'm gonna need will fit in that saddle bag.
Using the sit and climb as a hand climber isNOT the way the LW people say to use that stand. But...whatever works, I guess.
Jeff, I think if you hunted all day, you would take a pack.;)

GMMAT 08-27-2008 01:30 PM

Sorry, EI...I was trying to point out there might be a better mouse trap.

Carry on.;)