Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!! >

2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:05 PM

Default RE: 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Pics from the great northwest.. this is 20 miles south of Packwood WA.. no elk anywhere!

Pics: Mount Adams, Goat Rocks Wilderness, Elk Rub

Old 09-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

A nice rub

Some of gods country

My 4 point Bull, That is 7 points for team 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And some buddies to help cut and pack him out!

Old 09-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Muliefever. That is sweet. I'll be going out this tuesday and wed. hopefully I can at lest get a cow.
Congrats and nice pics from both of you guys.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:42 PM

Nice bull Mulie! Were they talking much while you were out?

We didn't hear one bugle even at night.. its like they vanished. I think weather was a big factor this year and in WA we can only hunt until Sept 21 and they shut the season down.. real bummer considering that's when the rut usually just gets rolling!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:14 PM

Great bull Mulie! Man, I know what you mean by HOT! I've been out in this 85+ weather and haven't seen an elk around Hells Canyon. Bear (check)...deer (check)...rattlesnakes (check)...no elk yet. Nothing talking anyways. Wanted to get into a spot I liked last season, but they locked the gate this year. Went into West Mountain area this weekend, but was rained out (and I believe wolfed out. They had helicopters buzzing around all weekend looking for a pack that attacked a cattle ranch not 10 miles from where I was hunting. They (IDFG) "plan" on taking out the pack). Weather is cooling off and I'm going to backpack in to that spot beyond the locked gate next weekend. Maybe get lucky and find them elusive wapiti...At least this rain storm brought some cooler weather.

Side note: Speaking of wolves, something has my young black lab spooked bad when I got home today from my rained out camp.She won't leave the house and go outside, and looks like she clawed up my window screen off the kitchen seeming to try to get in. Then this afternoon I was out working on my pump house when the ranchers next to me came busting up the road on horseback, wondering what was spooking the cattle that were now piled up on the fence behind my place. They saw my old yellow lab and assumed it was her, but she is so old she has trouble getting off the porch. They said something large and "yellow" had spooked the cows over the hill and down to my place. Maybe someone elses dog, maybe coyotes, probably a wolf, but the yellow color has me wondering. Would explain why my dog is spooked. Keeping an eye out for wolves now in my back yard!!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Cougar. That spookes all animals. Maybe?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:48 PM

The rancher definitely said "dog-like". Couger possibly...I just got off the phone with the ranch ownerand he said there is a loner wolf that has been seen around the area since this spring.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:13 PM

Mulie...

Is the guy with the mustache in the photo Chip Prudhome??
Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

Oh well good luck on getting that thing. Just take a dead bunny and drag it on along line from his field to your fence then just wait until night and kill the sob.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, it was so hot! I too saw a **** ton of bears.. I would watch your dog. Wolves are dog killers! No that guy is John Jedlic.. Been hunting with those boys for 10 plus!

Quick Reply: 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.