HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Energy drinks - does anyone use them? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259898-energy-drinks-does-anyone-use-them.html)

Diesel77 08-26-2008 08:12 PM

Energy drinks - does anyone use them?

Okay, so have you even been in a tree all day bowhunting and found yourself nodding off. Ive never ever tried one, but was curious if they really help give you an energy burst. And which ones do you like??

virginiashadow 08-26-2008 08:14 PM

RE: Energy drinks - does anyone use them?

Diesel---I don't like em in the woods because they tend to do two things...make you sweat, and make you crash after the effects wear off. The onlt time I would drink one would be maybe the last 3 hours of a hunt...in the morning I don't like them at all, especially if I am hiking in a good way...Mountain Dew baby~!

tkycaller 08-26-2008 08:15 PM

Never gave it a thought. I hear about people crashing a couple hours after they take them.
Have to do some research myself on this cause I am always nodding off.
Good idea, Andy.

Predator19 08-26-2008 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Diesel---I don't like em in the woods because they tend to do two things...make you sweat, and make you crash after the effects wear off. The onlt time I would drink one would be maybe the last 3 hours of a hunt...in the morning I don't like them at all, especially if I am hiking in a good way...Mountain Dew baby~!
Very true. I dont drink them much. I work for Coca-Cola and we have some new energy drinks that are like 2oz powershots.(like 5 hour energy). Rockstar and NOS make them and they make me downright jittery and then tired later on.

rybohunter 08-26-2008 08:19 PM

I used to drink them. One morning last year I drank one on the way to my spot. Decent hike in, as sunrise began I saw some gobblers in a tree. Tried to take a pic, but my heart was racing so bad & I was jittery as all get out, WELL after I should have settled down from the easy walk. No more for me in the AM. Drive homes after a long day maybe still

stabnslab_WI 08-26-2008 08:25 PM

Mentally I think they give you a burst. Otherwise five hour energy works awesome.

Siman08/OH 08-26-2008 08:27 PM

I drink them all the time, some give me a decent jitter (NOS), other are like pop (AMP). I prefer Monsters.

Ofcourse im 18 so you old farts might get affected more ;)

MN/Kyle 08-26-2008 08:28 PM

I drink an AMP energy drink just about everyday.

MO_Bowhnter 08-26-2008 08:29 PM

In the morning I drink coffee but it makes your breath stink if you are a huge stickler on scent. Try diet pepsi max...it gives you a pretty good kicked and keeps your mind sharp (caffeine + ginseng).

pheasantfanatic 08-26-2008 08:34 PM

I drink some that I have that are sugar free so they don't give you the buzz, then the crash, and they are chock-full of vitamins, so they are good for you. (plus no carbs;)) They will wake you up without making you jittery(most people anyway. There are a few people that I hae given one to that have gotten really buzzed, but they were high-strung to start with.....:))

Oh yeah, They taste GREAT!!!! Not like the crappy Red Bull stuff.......