Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Energy drinks - does anyone use them? >

Energy drinks - does anyone use them?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Energy drinks - does anyone use them?

Old 08-31-2008, 07:10 AM

Default RE: Energy drinks - does anyone use them?

I really think alot of it is mental. When the Redbull craze first started I swore they worked. Now I can drink the big redbull and take a 3 hour nap. Ill stick to coffee.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

no i don't use them . Tried a bunch of them when i remolded a restaurant and they wanted to clear out the fridge. I Didn't care for to many of the flavors
Old 08-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Blue Monsters are the best low in carbs and great tasting. the only thing that keeps me from drinking them in stand is they have a really strong smell to them. I can smell one damn near across the room so imagine how good a deer can pick it up.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

PLEASE pick one that is sugar free...Sobe No Fear or Adrenaline are great. If you are high strung you will get a boost, otherwise you will pretty much maintain status quo. I drink one as soon as I get up before hunting so I can go #2 before I get into the tree! I take one in a bottle to drink mid morning and I promptly fill the bottle back up an hour later!! aka take an empty bottle with you as you will definately have to go....
Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 PM

I love my Monster energy in the urban camo can, it gets me through the work week, but when it comes to hunting I limit it to coffee and water, and maybe some ice tea. I don't want to be jittery when it comes time to shoot.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone here ever heard the name "Ephedrine" or "Psuedoephedrine"? It is the main ingredient in a myriad of Sinus medication, Asthma medication, Energy Drinks, and you guessed it, Crystal Meth. Don't believe me, look it up. That funny feeling you get from caffeine overload? Look it up. It is your nervous system OD'ing on caffeine. You can only take so much. When you younger guys continue to drink this stuff and wind up in the ER with Anxiety attacks, heart palpitations, etc, you will be sorry. Take it from someone who knows. The crap is bad, bad, bad for you.

LT