Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Treestand Alternative Top Wish! >

Lone Wolf Treestand Alternative Top Wish!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Treestand Alternative Top Wish!

Old 08-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf Treestand Alternative Top Wish!

I'm with you 100% and this is exactly why I returned mine to the store. I was really excited about the easy pack, quiet climband light weight of the stand, but I simply could not climb with it very well at all. Just as you say, my knees were jammed into the tree because of the bar swinging down and I could not get more than a few inches of advance.
I would think that their engineers could think of a way to make the bar strong enough so that you could use it in the down position or locked intothe out (for lack of a better way to say it) position. I'd buy another one in a minute if that were the case.

ORIGINAL: TrpD345

Am I the only person who wishes that Lone Wolf would make a climber top that had a fixed bar, like the Summit stands have? I understand being able to swing the bar under you so that it is out of the way, but if you are a bigger or taller guy, the swinging bar swings down and forces your knees into the tree. I would love to see a fixed bar that would allow you to sit farther from the tree while climbing. When you are farther away from the tree you can also take farther strides. I had their climber and loved it all except for this. And besides, I have never had a problem with the bars being in front of me, especially with the smaller A to A bows of today. Anyway, just a wish
Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The previous owner (Andrae) was the guy who was "anti-weight". The new owners aren't the same way. Start writing them directly!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope, the hand climber top is absolutely perfect for me... in fact, the openness of the top is one of the reasons I switched from using Summit after well over a decade.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

If it were an option, fine. If the bar became a fixed bar such as on a Summit Viper...........adios Lone Wolf!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

If it were an option, fine. If the bar became a fixed bar such as on a Summit Viper...........adios Lone Wolf!
My sentiments axactly.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Nope, the hand climber top is absolutely perfect for me... in fact, the openness of the top is one of the reasons I switched from using Summit after well over a decade.
Me to, the first thing I look for in a stand, no bar, nothing in my way. Thats why I love my summit open shot.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Spike

I understand some of you wanting the bar, but they could easily make a different top, one that was a littel wider and had a fixed bar or even a lockable bar so that you could use it both ways. Just another option for different tastes. I spoke to a lady at Lone Wolf yesterday and told her my ideas and she said she would pass it on. As far as the weight goes, if 1 or 2 pounds is a problem, then you aren't in good enough shape to be using a climbing stand to begin with!