Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! ** >

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Old 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

New Season has started fellas-lets see some NEW ones from this year. I plan on adding a couple myself....
Old 10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is one of my favorite Pics. It's A Doe I took in 1981 (29 years ago) on a weekend Hunt near Black River Falls, Ws.. SL50 Darton & Rocky Mountain 3 Blade Razor.
Attached Thumbnails  **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **-scan0009.jpg  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Trying to concentrate on doing a better job of preserving memories with qualiity pics. Please critique this one. I feel like it was pretty good, but I want honest opinions or thoughts on how it may have been improved. Thanks

TW
Attached Thumbnails  **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **-tdub.jpg  
Old 10-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

I absolutely love this post. I am a stickler when it comes to taking kill pictures everyone in my hunting club busts my balls when they shoot a deer a and i go running to the truck to get my picture pack. I keep my good camera, a 1/2 gallon water jug, paper towels, wet wipes, a little tripod (just incase i need to set up a shot by myself and put the camera on a timer), and rubber bands (to keep the mouth closed) in it and clean and pose EVERY deer before I start snapping pictures
Old 10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Spike

How about this one fellas?
I try for this style of picture - where the animals look almost alive still and the focus is on it rather than me, the bow or the pickup

Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

I can't stress the importance of this enough. If you have to take 100 pics just to get a few awesome photos for your lifelong memories to pass to your kids and grandkids, it is well worth it. Passing along pics of deer dripping blood just isn't cool, nor is it a good representation of our passion of hunting.

Most all of the hunting mags you look at will not show pics of deer harvested that have blood all over them. The editors/photographers from Buckmasters have showed us at IMB Outfitters how to take quality pics for our Hero Photos. We make every effort to adhere to these standards. Sometimes a new guide will take less quality pics, but they quickly learn the correct way. It just takes a little effort to have picture perfect lifelong memories though.

Last edited by deerdust; 11-09-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Benno, that is a great pic. It is the same stance that I try to achieve with all the deer I set up for pics. Sometimes the hind legs can't be placed underneath and can be spraddled behind the deer. This position is good for any situation and especially if your harvest has already been field dressed.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

MK, I just love that pic with your boy holding the deer. It makes me smile and warms the heart to see one so young involved in hunting.

Quick Reply: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.