Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! ** >

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Old 08-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

[8D]

Old 08-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

[8D]

I agree good example........however although the picture is well composed there are 2 things which would have made it even better, and 8X10 worthy even if 1/2 of the subject matter isn't very attractive.

1. Time and date stamp........if it's not a trail camera people turn that function off.
2. FILL FLASH. See how the shadows are so strong on the bow, the face etc. A fill flash would preserve the lighting while making the shadows fill with light and color.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA
1. Time and date stamp........if it's not a trail camera people turn that function off.
2. FILL FLASH. See how the shadows are so strong on the bow, the face etc. A fill flash would preserve the lighting while making the shadows fill with light and color.
Good suggestions. I would also suggest a couple things. Not picking on you at all, Tony, just making suggestions of what I would do. It is mearly an opinion.

1. For a field picture, the rack shows up well if the sky is the background. Finding a high spot in the field works well for this. If this isn't possible, a uniform background will work. For example, in this picture the corn field andwoods are behind the rack. Using only the corn field or the woods will give it a more uniform background. I think this highlights the rack better and its easier to see.

2.This kind of goes with #1. Make sure your equipment is not infront of or behind the rack.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vito1

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA
Good suggestions. I would also suggest a couple things. Not picking on you at all, Tony, just making suggestions of what I would do. It is mearly an opinion.

1. For a field picture, the rack shows up well if the sky is the background. Finding a high spot in the field works well for this. If this isn't possible, a uniform background will work. For example, in this picture the corn field andwoods are behind the rack. Using only the corn field or the woods will give it a more uniform background. I think this highlights the rack better and its easier to see.

2.This kind of goes with #1. Make sure your equipment is not infront of or behind the rack.
You dont have to apoligize, that is Mobow's deer.......don't you know tony cant kill anything that big
JK buddy
Old 08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good point on the Fill Flash. I really put that to good use on some vacation photos this summer. What a difference and so easy to forget to use.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:14 PM

I forgot the fill flash on my pronghorn this week, my whole face is shadowed.[:@]

Always something to find about a photo that you dont like, no matter how miniscule.

I dont worry much about wiping the blood from the nozzle because this can easily be fixed with a basic photo editer. I cleaned up my SD pic and it is unnoticeable, but alot more presentable.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:43 PM

Good post. Reminds me who NOT to give the camera to this year (if I'm lucky enough to score another)!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 PM

nice pics
Old 09-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

I am also a big fan of this thread. I think it helps to represent our sport and passion better to the overall public. It also gives a sense of pride when you have a nice photo to show to all your buddies.

Here are a couple photos that I am most proud of. I know there are some things to work on, I am still trying to improve my field shots every year. I am up for any criticism or ideas on how to improve.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:14 PM

MILLERTIME10,

I love the angle/setup of the deer in the first one. The only critique I can make is if you can have moved from behind the antlers. Probably would have to sit lower or lay down behind the buck or moved to the left side of the photo. You can tell you made an effort to take a nice photo and it shows. The second photo is well done especially for being a night photo. Not a whole lot you can do with it and you guys did a good job. The stick infront of the buck's left ear should be removed in the photo and still can with a little photoshop work.

Again, good effort on both photos!

Edit: I took about 1 minute to remove the stick and some vegetation from in front of the buck. It may be a small detail to some, but I notice stuff like that.

Quick Reply: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.