Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Official 08/09 "Game Bag" >

The Official 08/09 "Game Bag"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Official 08/09 "Game Bag"

Old 10-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Official 08/09 "Game Bag"

140 pounds field dressed
121 3/8
9 point with a kicker for 10 scorable points
Mathews Drenlin
Cheetah 400 arrows
Rage 2 blade
25 yard shot
50 yard recovery

-john

Old 10-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can never figure it out but I'll just post the photobucket link. Maybe one of the mods can make it big. Thanks

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/bowmanaj/summerfallandbowhunt048.jpg

Indiana Doe, October 4th
Old 10-04-2008, 02:57 PM

Oklahoma does: October 4th

Old 10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default 10-01-08 Sucess

STORY.....

Well, let's start off by saying that this is not for the picture perfect deer hunter.... Started last night telling my wife, as we are sitting in the family room, that tomorrow I was going to put my other bucks(SEE PAGE 4 OF THIS POST)brother on the wall.Woke up this morning and saw it was 50 deg.Looked as if it was going to bea great morning for Oct. Got in the stand at 5:30 am, I live in Westville, IN. Sat down got situated and first thing I hear is a snort. Busted at 5:40 am. Damn….. Around 6:20 am two does a nice doe and a yearling come in 10 FEET from the stand and are trying to bust me. I was like get the hell out of here. After about 30 min, they walked off and never did bust me after walking around my stand about 5 times.. Around 7:15 I see a deer to the west and thought another doe. GREAT. Then I see the Dark antlers. He started walking straight at me. All I could think was that he was going to walk straight to me and bust me without offering a shot. He got about 15 yards and turn right and started walking to the corn field, through some thicket. He got the edge and I was for sure he was going to turn the other way, but he turned and started walking down the edge toward me. I had one really good opening and as soon as he got behind a tree I drew back. Of course he stopped and looked through an opening at me and started the famous bob and weave. I’m busted. I had 3 sec to decide what I am going to do. Thinking better of it I released an arrow right into his chest, for he was again turned right at me. The buck took off and I wasn’t sure If I got him. I sat for twenty min. and then it started to Rain. HARD. I was screwed. I got out of the stand to see it the arrow was still there, and I couldn’t find it. It continued to rain for about an hour hard. As it continued to rain I could only think the worst, for I was sure all the rain would wash all the blood away.. AND IT DID…. After it stopped raining I heading into the woods to take a look and couldn't find nothing. After about ½ hour of looking I went back to the start and said If I got shot by an arrow what would I do.. I followed the least resistance through the woods and found nothing. I finally said lets go down to the swamp and walk the edge. As I walk I could only think about the rest of the season, I had to hunt. But couldn’t get over THAT deer not being found. I took a few my steps and took a look to the left to browse the wood and THERE HE WAS…… Ya, the shot wasn’t the best thing to do, but if you practice and have confidence, it should all work out. The Arrow went right into his heart and was like 50 yard from my stand…..I will post the mount as soon as I get it. My guy does his own tanning and I get my mounts back like in 3-4 WEEKS, and he is good… If you look at his browtine he had sap with some pine bark in it. He must of been rubbing hard this morning. I thought that was cool. Do you think I should try to recreate that bark or something like it, on his mount.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:50 PM

Default RE: 10-01-08 Sucess

October 4th, 2008
Hey Guys it was a great day today here in PA. Big doe down for PA Hardwoods.

Took her at about 18yds, Perfect double lung shot she only went 100yds max and expired. Took her at about 6:45pm. I've been wondering what my heavy arrow and Extreme FOC setup was gonna do if given the chance well I have to say it performed perfectly. (29" Gold Tip Series 22 arrow with 220grn Muzzy Phantom Broadhead, 520 total arrow weight with 21% FOC) Well the arrow busted completely though a rib on the entrance and passed completely though the doe and burried halfway into the dirt. You could honestly hear how hard that arrow hit her. There was a seriously loud thud when it hit. And I was amazed at the penetration into the dirt due to the ground in this location being so rocky. Well without further ado, Here are some pics.

Info:
2005 Bowtech Old Glory 68lbs
God Tip Series 22 Arrow w/220grn Muzzy Phantom Broadhead=520grn arrow 21% FOC
Scott Wildcat release
18yd Shot
Double Lung Hit
100yd recovery

Me and My litttle hunting buddy. My Hunting Buddy Jeff's 7yr old grandson Ethan. This kid is gonna be a die hard bowhunter. He loves it.

Here is One with Just me
Old 10-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

1st week of June 2008-took a 3 day trip to Oklahoma for some off season practice.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

2nd hog-best roaster

Old 10-05-2008, 02:49 PM

Wife took this guy last night at 22 yards with her "old" Equalizer. We weighed him before dressing at 240 pounds, went 80 yards after the Muzzy went through and cleaned house
Looks like I need to resize the pic..[:@]
Old 10-05-2008, 10:52 PM

Resized

Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I

Quick Reply: The Official 08/09 "Game Bag"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.