HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Experiences With Slick Trick Magnums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259720-experiences-slick-trick-magnums.html)

im ocd 08-25-2008 08:52 PM

Experiences With Slick Trick Magnums

Slick Trick magnum: How do they fly? Entry holes? Blood Trails? Comments?

P.S. The search feature on this forum basically doesn't work.
Search for Slick Trick and no results are found; I know that's not right.

SunRiverMan 08-25-2008 08:59 PM

RE: Experiences With Slick Trick Magnums

I used the 100 grain magnums last year with success. They flew just like my target points with no adjustment needed. I nailed my deer at 43 yards with a double lung complete pass through.

The blood trail was a few dots at first, more, then large spots until the trail ended. My deer was nearby undera bush by the creek. SRM out!

bigbulls 08-25-2008 09:07 PM

How do they fly?
Excelent!

Entry holes?
Impressive and large.

Blood Trails?
Abundant and short.

mez 08-25-2008 09:38 PM

BigBulls pretty much has it covered.

My rant, if your bow isn't tuned they won't fly like fieldpoints, period.

Out of a tuned bow they fly very well and cut a big hole. As for blood trails, I haven't really looked at any as I've watched everything I've shot with them fall.So far the blood trail has been nothing more than a formality.

im ocd 08-26-2008 05:02 AM

My bow is paper tuned and the Slick Trick standards fly with my field points out to 60 yards.
I thought I would try some of the mag blades and see if they flew good too.
Realistically field point flight out to 30 yards would be plenty, my maximum under hunting conditions.

If the mags fly good I'll have to choose between the Slick Trick mag or Spitfires.
I was going totry the Spitfires, but the ST mag would make a 4 blade 1 1/8'' hole, very tempting.[&:]

YooperMike 08-26-2008 07:04 AM

I love mine. Every bow killed deer I have shot has fallen to the Slick Trick. They fly awesome, are extremely durable, and scary sharp. I killed three deer with the same head two seasons ago, just re-sharpen and back to work! You will not be disappointed with the magnums.

thehairlessone! 08-26-2008 11:36 AM

last year I used the 85 gr. tricks and I was very impressed. I got the 100 gr. magnums this year and I am sure they will be even better

rick

im ocd 08-28-2008 04:41 AM

Pics. ? [8D]

formula1 08-28-2008 05:27 AM

Here's a pic of a Slick trick doe, the only one I have. This was a pretty high shot in the shoulder and most of the blood was internal, but it got lungs and she did bleed well enough to follow. Recovered in 50 yds.

Centaur 1 08-28-2008 06:56 AM

I just got a pack of magnums from Dan(MeanV) last week. These things fly perfect andzero noise. I'm really anal about wanting a four bladed head and having the blades align with the tip is a big plus. I can't wait to kill something with them.