HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   found some results today (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259719-found-some-results-today.html)

bloodcrick 08-25-2008 08:46 PM

found some results today

The last two seasons i hunted a stand that was in a great location but the tree choices were minimal. The tree i hunted, it seemed the nice bucks were always just out of reach and skirting the three sided thicket around me. So after last season i decided to go in, round up some dead brush and attempt to steer them closer to the stand location. Well i checked it out today and was pleasantly suprised to find a distinct new trail cutting around the newly laid obstacials in my favor Now i can only hope a shooter will stroll by about mid season :)any one else do such tactics?? this was a first for me.

RIStrutStopper 08-25-2008 08:48 PM

RE: found some results today

Hope it pays off for you. I wanna see pics of the monster you re-routed past your stand!

bloodcrick 08-25-2008 08:49 PM

Be assured, if it happens there will be pics :D

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

Hope it pays off for you. I wanna see pics of the monster you re-routed past your stand!

Rory/MO 08-25-2008 08:51 PM

Way to try to make something happen!
Good luck!

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-25-2008 08:52 PM

Excellent tactic bro, like was said above, I hope it pays off.

bloodcrick 08-25-2008 08:58 PM

Thanks guys, notice i said mid season. This is one of those places bucks start funneling in when the chase is on and you never know what is going to show verses trying to out wit a buck in his living room. probably aint goint to happen ;)

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Excellent tactic bro, like was said above, I hope it pays off.

OKbowhunter20 08-25-2008 09:02 PM

Good tactics blood, glad to hear it seems to be paying off.

huntingson 08-25-2008 09:24 PM

Yes, I have done similar tactictics, and yes it can pay great dividends! I hope you have some MONSTER luck my friend!!!

In my situation there was a trail 35 yards from a stand of mine on the east end of one of our farms. We moved some cut cedars to that trail and removed the fence in another area and VIOLA, a new preferred deer trail. I didn't shoot one out of it last year, but the trail is heavily used and is now the preferred method of travel through the area.

Tuco 08-25-2008 09:49 PM

I know where this stand is you fat fingered freak

>>>BAM<<<

bloodcrick 08-25-2008 10:11 PM

I bet you dont Girly man !! [8D]you hairy sasquach!! >>>KA TOW<<<

ORIGINAL: Tuco

I know where this stand is you fat fingered freak

>>>BAM<<<